Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pr0n?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

loads of problems resulting from that 'update' Asher and trying to go back to my original drivers but I fixed them... i see i'll have to take what you suggest with a grain of salt...

the problem is still there, however. i tried to play Medieval: Total War and it also jumps back to the desktop every few seconds. Is it possibly there's a process going on in the background which is doing this? I ended all "User" processes and the problem kept happening. I'm scared to end a "System" one.
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 1, 2006, 07:23.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

bump

Comment

Albert Speer:
          Try to to do a Restore before the installation of Thief!

And try to know which company build you videocard, which model is it.
          You can do:
          Start- Run -> Dxdiag
          bleh

Comment

Albert:

I get this too unless I close background processes. Download "Process Explorer" and close absolutely everything that doesn't need to be running. To see what you can close, here is a helpful site: http://www.processlibrary.com/

What I bet is happening is one of those processes is "calling home" and forces the computer to desktop when it does so.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

By the way, here are some likely suspects:

issch.exe
              HPWuSchd2.exe

These processes that "sch"edule a call home for an update or whatever can behave poorly.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
              X