No announcement yet.

Astrology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Pentecost. (Or is that Whitsun? I can never get it right in English). My horoscope predicts 3 days of rest and relaxation, now that the Sun is entering the constellation of Comfy Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Toe licking?? Not for a dignified Capricorn.

You want one of those non-conventional Aquarians...or maybe the most sensuous of all the signs, a Taurean.

(Sorry...but Taureans drive Capricorns just a little bit buggy. Sssssigh.)

I'm married to an Aquarias.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

He doesn't lick my toes.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I'm sure he could be convinced to with a little *** for tat, if you know what I mean
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The past 3 chicks I fell in love with were born in September. This be not coincidence.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Is that a good thing? Are you still in love with any of them? Even better question, are any of them still in love with you? Finally, and perhaps the best question, were any of these three September girls you fell in love with ever in love with you?

Trying to determine if September is your month.

Also, did these girls have anything in common, since they were the same sign?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I think when you are born in the year can effect your personality later in life. If you are the eldest or conversely youngest in your school class for over a decade it'll have an impact.

Though that observation is certainly not astrological in nature. Whether you have younger or older siblings is probably far more important.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Now to be a Taurus that constellation should actually be ascending during that month, but it isn't, in our day and age.
                  Thing is, this sort of mechanistic reasoning does nothing to discredit astrology per se. It has to be the most common mistake people make in criticising astrology.

Astrology does rely on physical, astronomical data, but it is not a physical science. The planets and constellations are the point of departure, the focus. But the method has nothing to do with critical analysis.

It's all about manipulating the 'subconscious.'

Of course, whether you actually believe in 'spirits,' telepathy or 'the subconscious' is entirely up to you. I'm not going to waste my time convincing you to take up animism, but the scientific, physical 'reality' has nothing to do with astrology.

Imo, the practice is better understood as a form of scrying.

Scrying is an auto-deepening trance process that progresses in stages using a crystal ball, or other medium. Initially, the medium serves as a focus for the attention, removing unwanted thoughts from the mind in the same way as a mantra. Once this stage is achieved, the scryer begins a free association with the perceived images suggested, for instance in a crystal ball, by the tiny inclusions, web-like faults and/or the cloudy glow within the ball under low light (i.e. candlelight). The technique of deliberately looking for and declaring these initial images aloud, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind, is done with the intent of deepening the trance state, wherein the scryer hears their own disassociated voice affirming what is seen within the concentrated state in a kind of feedback loop. This process culminates in the achievement of a final and desired end stage in which rich visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the medium itself, or directly within the mind's eye of the scryer, like an inner movie. This overall process reputedly allows the scryer to "see" relevant events or images within the chosen medium.

There has been evidence of scrying in ancient China for thousands of years. In particular, tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves for signs and omens. Another scrying method the Chinese practiced was physiognomy, the art of reading lines, contours, and proportions of the face and head to reveal the nature of one's character. A physiognomist can deduce many elements in regard to a person's past and/or future.
                  I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                  X