Astrology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    However, I have noticed about a 50% correlation between a person's sun sign and their personalities.
    And I've noticed about a 50% correlation between people's personalities and other star signs.

Btw, I'm a Scorpio. Do you think I'd get more of the goodies if I wear a badge testifying to this?

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

I couldn't be in a relation with a woman who believes in that crap. C'est un signe de bêtise, mon ami.
      I have been lowering my standards.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
        DroseDars

You have a good intuition, you must be a scorpio!!
        No, I'm a Taurus; April 27th. Honestly, I really fit my sign. I don't buy into the whole astrology thing, it's mostly just nonsense. And as someone already pointed out, it's based on a system that assumes that the stars are eternal and unchanging. Flawed to its core.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

so where's a website describing all this ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            And I've noticed about a 50% correlation between people's personalities and other star signs.

WILL... RESIST...
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Are you sure you aren't a Leo?
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                No, I'm a Taurus; April 27th. Honestly, I really fit my sign. I don't buy into the whole astrology thing, it's mostly just nonsense. And as someone already pointed out, it's based on a system that assumes that the stars are eternal and unchanging. Flawed to its core.
                It has a great deal to do with when you were born during the year. The fact that it is based on "the stars" and the entire terminology / method of description are steeped in terms relating to where stars were several hundred years ago does not necessarily invalidate the whole thing.

From my own observations, people do tend to fit their starsign personalities. That one in twelve people are going to have good business dealings next Tuesday based on when they were born is quite unbelievable. That one in twelve people will tend towards a certain reaction in some situations is more believable.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If the stars, being huge balls of hydrogen and other gasses many tens of thousands of times the size of the earth actually do describe something about our lives here, what would that mean about the nature of the universe?
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It controls us all.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      ....but I know where you can lay low for a while...

Comment

Re: Re: Astrology

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        However, I have noticed about a 50% correlation between a person's sun sign and their personalities.
                        There's a fun experiment on astrology I read somewhere.

A group of volunteers were given individual horoscope readings. When asked, over 90% of them said the readings were accurate. However, they were all given the same horoscope reading. What's more, it belonged to a mass murderer.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          It has a great deal to do with when you were born during the year. The fact that it is based on "the stars" and the entire terminology / method of description are steeped in terms relating to where stars were several hundred years ago does not necessarily invalidate the whole thing.
                          But it does.

Taurus, for example, now does not ascend in the summer. Intead, it does so in the winter. Thousands of years ago, when astrology was first invented, it ascended in the winter. This change is caused by precession.

You can see the contradiction this caused in astrology, can't you?

Some constellation that supposedly had influence over a group of people born in a certain period of time in a year had since moved to the otherside of the ecliptic. Surely it could not influence the group of people born in the same period of time anymore, yes?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            It controls us all.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

My zodiac: Virgo

My Chinese zodiac: serpent
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Your rating as a comedian: Dodo

Aw come on, Fun. Ok, I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X