Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did "we were soldiers" ever get made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sexes integrated fairly frequently on navy ships (hence the number of pregnancies at sea).

Comment

That's the work in progress.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        Germany still recalls Sweden being evil (from the 30-years war in the 1600's). German villages were completely annihilated, and not rebuilt for 1-200 years
        Large agricultural areas were unused for centuries.

Let's blame it on the Evil Finns, they were the gunfodder part of the Swedish army back then.
        Hakkaa Päälle!

Stalingrad is good movie, apart from being too glum... "In war, many die, but in peace, everyone dies."
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Most great books get turned into so-so movies.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            That's the work in progress.
            Making female sailors pregnant is work? Vince278 has a strange definition for work, but I definitely want to "work" where he does.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

he works for the navy?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                he works for the navy?
                No, but I got around awhile ago ( ). I was on a carrier and a sub once.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                X