Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did "we were soldiers" ever get made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mel Gibson is Jesus
        He is a Movie God!!!
        Everything HE has ever made is AWESOME!!!

(especially the Lethal Weapons)
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Mel Gibson is also a ****ing loon.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            within the first 10 minutes theres so much that is pulled from today and put into the past. like white people who didnt know what "whites only" meant. or "i dont want to make orphans". people in 1964 didnt think like this or were ijgnorant of their own society!

Far from it. There were plenty of small towns in the north that never had any blacks, so the issues of Jim Crow laws would never even be raised. That's the idea here, that these were women from all walks of society cast together in a new environment where normally they would never mix.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Brave Heart rocked. The Patriot rocked. Gibson is gold.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Look, a Gibbon!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, you are NUTS.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I always try to include a monkey
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Monkey!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                        Originally posted by MRT144
                        within the first 10 minutes theres so much that is pulled from today and put into the past. like white people who didnt know what "whites only" meant. or "i dont want to make orphans". people in 1964 didnt think like this or were ijgnorant of their own society!

Far from it. There were plenty of small towns in the north that never had any blacks, so the issues of Jim Crow laws would never even be raised. That's the idea here, that these were women from all walks of society cast together in a new environment where normally they would never mix.
                        i find that hard to believe in light of what was going on at the time with MLK, etc.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Band of Brothers
                          Blah

Comment

There is a whole lot of ignorance that I find hard to understand. It isn't that everyone in the room didn't get it, just the one girl.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

SHE WAS A GOOK SPY!
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

FUBAR!
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X