Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Shared Ideals + the word "God" = religion
    Only if the religion is universalist, not paternalist.

A shared ideal that one group is special and distinct from all ohters can travel only so far. like, within that group that is suposedlt special.

Based, by your "equation", any idea + "God" = religion.

I guess youl would support Tax exemption for the 1st God ot Scottie if such a thing was began by radical Trekkies. I mean, shared ideas, God, must be a religion....
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

Is America the nation that listens to Britney Spears, watches Survivor, reads Dan Brown, and eats at McDonalds? The guy from Chicago who doesn't do that isn't American?

Being American isn't just who we are, but who we aspire to be.

America is still being created. We are not there yet, and if the "nationalists" get their way, we never will.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
        So if someone is born in Chicago, but espouses Leninism, say, that person is no longer an American?
        I was born in St. Louis.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
          edit: to expand... you say "no more so than..." Well, I say there is inherent conflict for France, Italy, etc, as well.
          I can't comment for Italy, but France is a country where ethnical issues are not comparable with Israel's, not even in figures. We're very much an immigrant country. For more than a century, the Italians, Poles, Spaniards and Portuguese have considerably contributed to our country, and have been assimilated in France.

France is a country where you can get nationality by being born on the land and living your first years here, regardless of your parents' nationality. It seriously shapes the way we see Frenchness: something about the values of the country (edit: and culture - it is an essential aspect), rather than something related to heredity.

Sure, we have been having a problem with accepting our brown people for about 20-30 years now. But even then, since the recent riots, there are signs of change.

Israel is the Jewish state. In order for Israel to be true to its values, it has to be made by Jews, for Jews. And Israel, as long as it remains the Jewish state, will have to favour Jews worldwide, while disfavouring the goyim at home, as soon as they become a threat to the country's Jewishness. The Jews vs Goyim demographics of Israel are a matter of concern for every mainstream Israeli party. The "pure-bred French" vs "Muslim" demographics are only a concern for French nationalists.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• And everyone 'having a problem with accepting our brown people', apparently.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              And everyone 'having a problem with accepting our brown people', apparently.
              Nope, because plenty of those people have no problem with the Portuguese, a very sizeable white immigrant population, whose children are as French as the brown people's.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Israel is the Jewish state. In order for Israel to be true to its values, it has to be made by Jews, for Jews. And Israel, as long as it remains the Jewish state, will have to favour Jews worldwide, while disfavouring the goyim at home, as soon as they become a threat to the country's Jewishness. The Jews vs Goyim demographics of Israel are a matter of concern for every mainstream Israeli party. The "pure-bred French" vs "Muslim" demographics are only a concern for French nationalists.

One day you'll wake up to discover that most Frenchmen suddenly became "French Nationalists".

The issue of immigration, very much like the issue of optimal responses to terrorist attacks, depends a lot on whether one actually has to deal with the problem or not.

All the pretty ideals collapse after you walk a couple of miles in a new, less comfortable, pair of shoes.

Where do we see the shifts in popular opinion concerning immigration? In what countries do radical nationalist parties appear and grow? In what cities do we witness race/nation-based violence? Definetely not in the unicultural countries and cities.

People are different, cultures are different, customs are different, and these differences cause friction.

So if, in the name of lofty ideals, you destroy the concept of a Jewish state and allow Arabs to immigrate en masse to Israel, you'll get not a multicultural heaven, but a bloody civil war which will culminate in expulsion or genocide.

And the same is true everywhere in the world.

So basically, I do not dissagree with what you wrote(at least the part that I quoted ). What i'm saying is that in many places and circumstances, it is the correct thing to do.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Where do we see the shifts in popular opinion concerning immigration? In what countries do radical nationalist parties appear and grow? In what cities do we witness race/nation-based violence? Definetely not in the unicultural countries and cities.

People are different, cultures are different, customs are different, and these differences cause friction.
                  Oh yes, Canada is soooo on the verge of a civil war.

Comment

• So what are your thoughts on Mexican migration in America and Islamic/Arabic/Turkic/Whateveric migration in Europe?
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli
                      What i'm saying is that in many places and circumstances, it is the correct thing to do.
                      yes why won't we start doing the same to you guys ?

aahh, ok, that's different right ?
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

Nope, because plenty of those people have no problem with the Portuguese, a very sizeable white immigrant population, whose children are as French as the brown people's.
                        What do the Portuguese have to do with 'the brown people?'
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh yes, Canada is soooo on the verge of a civil war.
                          Good point, but...

Canada doesn't exist surrounded by a host of nations and people who would rather see a significant portion of Canadians eradicated than shake hands with them.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

What do the Portuguese have to do with 'the brown people?'
                            The Portuguese immigrants are foreigners, and their children are French. Both the immigrants and the homegrown are fully accepted in the French society.
                            Arabic and African immigrants are foreigners, and their children are French. Both the immigrants and the homegrown have trouble being accepted.

The point is: French society has nothing against a demographic boost from other countries on principle. Very few French people feel threatened in their identity by the large Portuguese population. The French don't see themselves as an exclusive ethnical group. There is no inherent xenophobia in the French psyche.

However, we do have a problem with racism, which is something different. It's because of racism that we haven't accepted our brown people. We'd have accepted them if they had been white.

Israel being the Jewish State, there is an inherent xenophobia in its ideal. The fabric of the Jewish State would be threatened if there suddenly was a surge of white Goyim in the demographics, even though no race concerns would appear.
                            In this very thread, we're discussing about Russians that are second-class citizens because they're Goyim, and this happens despite Israel having a large Russian-Jewish community, that is now fully part of the society.

Israel can only get rid of this inherent xenophobia if it ceases to be the Jewish state, and starts being the Israeli state instead.

Comment

Canada doesn't exist surrounded by a host of nations and people who would rather see a significant portion of Canadians eradicated than shake hands with them.
                              What does it have to do with not granting nationality to young Russians living in the country?
                              What does it have to do with granting an automatic right to nationality to every person that shares the right religion?

Comment

The Portuguese immigrants are foreigners, and their children are French. Both the immigrants and the homegrown are fully accepted in the French society.
                                Arabic and African immigrants are foreigners, and their children are French. Both the immigrants and the homegrown have trouble being accepted.

The point is: French society has nothing against a demographic boost from other countries on principle. Very few French people feel threatened in their identity by the large Portuguese population. The French don't see themselves as an exclusive ethnical group. There is no inherent xenophobia in the French psyche.

However, we do have a problem with racism, which is something different. It's because of racism that we haven't accepted our brown people. We'd have accepted them if they had been white.

Israel being the Jewish State, there is an inherent xenophobia in its ideal. The fabric of the Jewish State would be threatened if there suddenly was a surge of white Goyim in the demographics, even though no race concerns would appear.
                                In this very thread, we're discussing about Russians that are second-class citizens because they're Goyim, and this happens despite Israel having a large Russian-Jewish community, that is now fully part of the society.

Israel can only get rid of this inherent xenophobia if it ceases to be the Jewish state, and starts being the Israeli state instead.
                                It is OK to be xenophobic when they are 'brown people' in your white nation, but not when they are perfectly servicable Christians in their non-Christian state?

Please be patient with France, but condemn Israel, please!?

Why are you requiring things of Israel that France dosen't seem capable of doing easily?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X