Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Do You Cook?

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    Vegies: Learn how to use a steamer, which is a little metal thingie you put down in a pot of gently boilding water. It takes IIRC about 15 minute to steam vegies.
    Learn to use a wok. You can stir fry veggies or use it to steam stuff. It's much better on a gas stove than an electric one. Something to do with power output.

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    If you want to do mashed potatoes, etc.: but the boxed stuf and follow the directions.
    Yuck!

Bake some real potatoes, then mash them.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

mmm slowcooker....(or crockpot if u prefer)

For the dude who was using parsley with fish/potatoes....why not try Dill? Too strong?
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        Yes I cook, and very well thank you. I once shared a recipe for 'Lancer salad' on these boards and truly it was a recipe for disaster as I recieved ridicule, even more than usual. Share a recipe? No, I'm sorry, the pain is still too...open woundish.
        I'd like to know it PM?

Comment

Yes. I like stews, as they are pretty simple yet taste so good.

One thing to remmeber is that before you stwe a meat, it should be browned thoroughly. Makes the meat very etnder at the end, and enhances the taste.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

GePap I usually do stews myself. Simple yet delicious, with all possible ingredients.

When you do stews, it's the spicing that counts. I've discovered rosemary as a very nice one

Beyond stews, I do fantastic red sauce for any kind of pasta.

Nice spicy chicken with sweet curry, too

Comment

Don't forget the mustard. A very good way to use the mustard and smear it on some bread and then let it disolve.
              For the more adventures types, an excellent way ( a true chef's secret) is to replace the bread with something like this ( http://www.vondelmolen.be/ ). It is made using many herbs, so it adds alot of flavour.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Lancer's salad is splendid

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Do You Cook?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Bake some real potatoes, then mash them.
                  Rice them before mashing.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tried a new one last night. Was good.

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs medium cooked shrimp
                    1.5 cups fresh basil leaves, ripped into small bits
                    2 cloves garlic (me being me, I used 3), minced
                    6 teaspoons olive oil
                    Can (14.5oz, I think) diced tomatoes
                    1 pint cherry or grape (I used grape) tomatoes, halved.
                    .5 lb of linguine

Put 4 tsp olive oil into a skillet, heat on high, add shrimp. Cook for ~5 minutes, stirring/flipping, until opaque through. Put those in a bowl.

Put remaining 2 tsp oil into the skillet, add garlic. Let that sizzle for a little bit, then add the canned tomatoes + juice. Bring to boil, then simmer for ~15 minutes. Then remove from heat & add the other tomatoes.

Meanwhile, cook the half pound of linguine. Then mix everything together. I added some parm cheese.

Yum. And it didn't take long. The one downside is shrimp is typically expensive (even on sale, I think it was $7.99/lb).

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Recipe: Pork Schnitzel

1. Pound pork loin flat to a desired thickness, usually between ¼ and ½ inch in width.
                      2. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork, place on plate, and set in fridge to rest.
                      3. In the meantime break one or two eggs in a shallow bowl with a little milk. Wisk till substance is soupy, yet yolky. Place a few cups of flour in a large Ziploc bag. Place a few cups of bread crumbs in another Ziploc bag.
                      4. After 20 minutes or so take pork out
                      5. Do the following in order:
                      a. Dunk pork in milk/egg
                      b. Place pork in flour bag, cover all over with flour
                      c. Dunk pork in milk/egg
                      d. Place pork in bread crumb bag, cover all over with bread crumbs
                      e. Place breaded pork on plate.
                      6. Set in fridge to rest.
                      7. After 20 minutes or so take pork out
                      8. Take out large frying pan and cover with oil (enough to almost cover the pork)
                      9. Heat oil
                      10. Place pork in hot oil, cook till slightly golden
                      11. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
                      12. When golden brown place pork on broiler pan in oven.
                      13. Cook till golden brown

Comment

Working...
                      X