No announcement yet.

Computer problem - Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. It's as if you did a control-click.
    B♭3

Comment

Asher, our protector against Mac tyranny
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        Yes. It's as if you did a control-click.
        perfect that's what I was hoping. control-click seemed to be the obvious choice.

For the current macs that have dual boot for windows I wonder which OS the users who buy them as their first mac tend to use for non game activities? I imagine the intel based macs in particular are finally able to run windows with top end performance. In an even contest does the Mac OS seem to win them over?

I suppose that would be hard to check if the anecdotal accounts of such users are scarce.
        Last edited by Geronimo; May 26, 2006, 12:16.

Comment

Honestly, I've been playing around with Mac computers ever since I got the cube. Now that my main computer has dual monitor capability... I've retired the Mac for now, keeping just the Windows and Linux boxes.

Frankly, I'm just not that enthused about OS X.
          B♭3

Comment

Honestly, I've been playing around with Mac computers ever since I got the cube. Now that my main computer has dual monitor capability... I've retired the Mac for now, keeping just the Windows and Linux boxes.

Frankly, I'm just not that enthused about OS X.
            Hrmm, what's your experience with stability of those three platforms? Are apps noticably more likely to crash or otherwise bug out on one than the others?

Comment

My experience? Hrm. Well, I find most of the applications I want are more stable/more functions in Windows/Linux (video playback, Opera). Linux tends to be even more flexible, which I enjoy.

Naturally, your mileage will vary; having played with OS X for a while now, I'll say this: it's a decent OS if your tasks fall within the Mac Experience and StyleTM, and a bit less spectacular if they don't.

I found that more often than not, I had to fight with OS X to do what I wanted or had to do a lot more searching for a decent video playback program that was free and fullscreen (VLC) which, in the end, wasn't as convenient as their Linux/Windows versions (which, in both cases, I use other programs to boot)...

Which reminds me. The only app crashes I've had in the past three months, on all three platforms, is on Windows.

Using beta software. Third party beta software: Opera 9b2.

...which I haven't installed on Linux or Mac.
              B♭3

Comment

Which reminds me. The only app crashes I've had in the past three months, on all three platforms, is on Windows.

Using beta software. Third party beta software: Opera 9b2.
                Beta testing is the phase where you test if the application can handle that your girlfriend/wife places her bottom on the keyboard in an attempt to get your attention

That usually leads to crashes no matter the OS

Actually, programmers begs for crashes in a beta version.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yep. Which is why I kinda expected it.

Interestingly enough, Office 2007 Beta hasn't crashed on me yet, and lord knows, I've tried...
                  B♭3

Comment

Which version of Office 2007 did you install, Q? There were a bunch of them, and I figured I'd hold off until I realized the difference between the two Professional versions.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Maybe MS has learned something and has a beautiful young woman dispatched to each alpha nerd tester trying to distract him
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Imran: Professional Plus and OneNote (the latter which I can't live without. )

Went with Pro+ because it's a) free at the moment, and b) with custom install, you can always opt out of the useless programs, like Publisher, InfoPath, Access... (God, I wish people would stop using PowerPoint...)
                        B♭3

Comment

Working...
                        X