Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CIA was able to keep their prisons secret for decades....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CIA was able to keep their prisons secret for decades....

......*sigh* Bush morons getting them exposed.

I have for my entire life accepted and basically assumed, without any factual evidence that both the CIA and the military keep secret prisons overseas where they probably violate every treaty we have ever signed.

They probably were really doing it for the betterment of America and our interests..... after all, we have to torture communists SOMEWHERE. While I assumed these prisons existed, I trusted the CIA and the military enough to not cross the line more then was needed.

Now its reported in the media daily that the CIA has secret prisons in foreign countries.

Le sigh.

Stupid Bush, getting us exposed ><.

Illegal activities getting exposed!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Illegal activities getting exposed by Vesayen
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

No, Che. It's not about exposing "illegal" activities. It's about exposing activities that help defend America.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I hope China doesn't implement same strategies when they become the sole superpower... That means my ass is gone!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I think Vesayen's ass will be gone before yours the day China does this.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ves seems to be living in the wrong era. He'd probably be happier in the 1930's USSR.
              Last edited by Sandman; May 21, 2006, 14:33.

Comment

Vesayen deserves the death penalty. He's sorry we got caught, not that we actually did it.

And Im about to help defend America by kicking your ass Ned when im down in the bay area in june.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Illegal activities getting exposed!

Though some think that American values are about not getting caught rather than not doing the human rights violation in the first place .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    Ves seems to be living in the wrong era. He'd probably be happier in the 1930's USSR.
                    It all makes sense now
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      No, Che. It's not about exposing "illegal" activities. It's about exposing activities that help defend America.
                      Living up to your reputation once more?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Bingo.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Though some think that American values are about not getting caught rather than not doing the human rights violation in the first place .
                        Just because something is declared a "human right" does not give the concept ANY moral authority or justification, they have to stand on their own merits. I reject a great deal of what the EU nations call "human rights". Many EU nations hold that it is a "human right" that the government provide jobs for all citizens, this is not something necessarily moral or which has value.

"Human right" as a term has been so maligned that it is no longer useful, if you want to address rights, address SPECIFIC rights which may or may not stand on their own factual and moral merit.

Back on task...... I always assumed in our CIA prisons that we were doing things for the safety and betterment of America and only on "those bad guys" not the rampant and mostly POINTLESS human rights abuses in Guantanamo and our favorite Iraqi prison.

What the hell is the point of holding a bunch of foreign nationals in detention indefinitely? That is a stupid move which provides us no benefit.

It is shameful to say it is bad we were caught doing something bad, not that we were doing something bad to begin with. I question if any impropriety occurred in the CIAs secret prison/facilities for the last 40 years, impropriety as I would call it because I need not justify my moral or political views to anyone.

Comment

so because the word holds no value the concept should be disregarded. i hope i get to punch you in the face one day.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I expect no better from Ned, but Vesayen, I hope you are just trolling - for your own sake...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"Human right" as a term has been so maligned that it is no longer useful

I'd imagine any concept of 'human right' should consider torture to be against that. As well as detainment without the possibility of trial. But those must be commie values... damn founders of the US, commies every one of them

[q=MRT144]so because the word holds no value the concept should be disregarded. i hope i get to punch you in the face one day.[/q]

There may be a line for that.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X