Do *NOT* take young children to see "Poseidon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do *NOT* take young children to see "Poseidon"

Just saw it.... fantastic movie, no spoilers. I highly recommend it.

Who here saw the 80s "family" classic, Poseidon Adventure?

Well er.... yeah, this movie is similar, with the addition of a pretty high, and pretty graphic body count.

I have been killing people electronically for many a year and enjoy gore.... this movie had me squirming a bit at the beginning.

Okay for the 12 and up crowd but definitely NOT a movie to bring the kiddies to.

This has been a public service announcement from Vesayen.

I will not take young children to see Poseidon, you have my word on that.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Can't afford to take my whole family to the movies. With a wife and seven kids I'm broke before the popcorn.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        I will not take young children to see Poseidon, you have my word on that.
        I will not take old children to see Poseidon. I will not take sane adults to see Poseidon either .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you have a brain; it will hurt trying to understand the seemingly countless stupidity throughout the movie.

see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409182/...58149#43358149
          be free

Comment

Nobody should see Poseidon
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

**** that. Kurt Russell is the man and needs our support.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I was in Hong Kong for a day and a night, the 10th/11th.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  Nobody should see Poseidon
                  QFT
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    Can't afford to take my whole family to the movies. With a wife and seven kids I'm broke before the popcorn.
                    Seven kids at a movie, I doubt you've ever get a chance to actually watch it.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't get much of a chance to even watch TV. Most of my typing here is at work.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Why all the hate? It was a good movie.

Comment

Re: Do *NOT* take young children to see "Poseidon"

Originally posted by Vesayen
                          Just saw it.... fantastic movie, no spoilers. I highly recommend it.

Who here saw the 80s "family" classic, Poseidon Adventure?

Well er.... yeah, this movie is similar, with the addition of a pretty high, and pretty graphic body count.

I have been killing people electronically for many a year and enjoy gore.... this movie had me squirming a bit at the beginning.

Okay for the 12 and up crowd but definitely NOT a movie to bring the kiddies to.

This has been a public service announcement from Vesayen.
                          "Escape from Poseidon" is a family movie!

Comment

To make the first one, Shelly Winters had to put on 20 lbs. There was some concern how the weight gain might impact her health. She's dead now, I think. So perhaps concerns were justified.

Comment

Poseidon looks like it has one really good action sequence and the na lot of crap after it.

Wave hits boat, people die, things calm down, I leave the theater.
                              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                              X