Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light travelling backwards is faster than light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No lie. Geeks.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      Who cares?
      Apparently more people than care about Aristotle.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

It would be cooler to stop a photon, IMO.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I read somewhere that a group of researchers got purty close to doing that.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This is the scientist who did the experiment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Science journalism is a conspiracy to drive all scientists insane.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Einstein wasn't nearly the most intelligent man of the 20th century. Neumann!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Apparently more people than care about Aristotle.
                    Aristotle has staying power. Physicists cannot control their physical functions when copulating with women.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Yeah it still can't beat my time in the 40 though
                      When you say "the 40," are you talking yards, meters, or ounces?

WRT the original post, if this doesn't even claim to get us closer to ray-guns, EMP weapons, gauss rifles, teleporters, or something else cool, it's just not news by my book. Whether it's true or false.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Who cares?
                        Feeling bitter, are we?
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Science journalism is a conspiracy to drive all scientists insane.
                          Aren't they all?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            This is the scientist who did the experiment

steve forbes?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              Einstein wasn't nearly the most intelligent man of the 20th century. Neumann!

Why not Hawking or Feynman?
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                WRT the original post, if this doesn't even claim to get us closer to ray-guns, EMP weapons, gauss rifles, teleporters, or something else cool, it's just not news by my book. Whether it's true or false.
                                Already there.
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X