Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you wanted to stay somewhere in Europe for 6 days, where would you stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you wanted to stay somewhere in Europe for 6 days, where would you stay?

My friend and I are going to Germany for the world cup this summer. From July 2nd to July 8th (we have to be in Berlin on the 9th, which is the final), we plan on seeing somewhere else in Europe, preferrably somewhat close to Germany. We were thinking maybe Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, or somewhere in Italy (preferably northern Italy, so we won't have to travel too far).

Where do you guys think we should go?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

(Venice) - > Vienna -> Prague -> Berlin (Traveling by train or bus)
    CSPA

Comment

But remember that there are plenty of cheap flights to be found between most major cities. So you could for instance hang out in southern Spain, or Finland or where ever for a few days and then hop on a plane to Berlin.
      CSPA

Comment

Athens!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What city are you flying into?
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It depends on what you want.
            Great cities? London,Paris (July is not the best time to);
            Lovely seaside with good whether? French,Italian Riviera.
            Beautiful land (farm type)? River Po valey (North Italy) and Austria close Danubio river.
            Something you don't have in USA? Alpes in North Italia and Swiss.
            Sports? No,you don't want that.

Best regards,

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:30.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I love the white buildings around the Greek shores (and of course the crystal clear coasts). I would love to retire there and be like those old folks who just play chess by the shore or something all day.
                be free

Comment

Wow, that's really little time. But Gangerolf's advice isn't bad.
                  I'd recommend one of three routes:
                  Rome -> Venice -> Vienna -> Prague-> Berlin
                  A more reduced route could be Munich -> Salzburg -> Vienna -> Prague -> Berlin
                  Or Barcelona -> Paris -> Amsterdam, Hamburg or Cologne -> Berlin
                  This route would probably be well suited if you don't mind to travel in night trains - it saves you the day time to actually see the cities...
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Paris-Lyon-Torino
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Amsterdam, you can get the bus overnight to berlin cheaply and easily

Enjoy!
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                        Athens!

That city that is full of crazy people? I have heard that they all have lost their marbles.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Italy.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                            (Venice) - > Vienna -> Prague -> Berlin (Traveling by train or bus)
                            Whatever you do, do not go to Venice. It's an absolute rip off (especially in the sumer).

It's quite simple, when in Europe, go to Paris.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Six days isn't much, you can't realistically do more than two cities in that time and do them justice.

I say Barcelona + Paris. Or just Barcelona and do some daytrips to Tarragona, Sitges, Montserrat, etc (or just plant your arse on the beach and get drunk like most tourists, whatever strikes your fancy )

You don't have to worry too much about travel time, you can get around real cheap and quick if you fly with budget airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair, etc. Superior to bus/train/car travel in every way but the view...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X