Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what politician would you like to fix America in '09?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol that would be something.. chirac/berlusconi tikcet that is.. I would not know who to vote for. I wouldn't prolly vote at all. 'NOT MY PRESIDENT"11'.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Kinky Friedman for President

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: So what politician would you like to fix America in '09?

Originally posted by BlackCat

Your spelling and grammar faults and the responses was merely fun, but this is plain and pure BS.

What the heck gives you the right to destroy other countries wish and workings to get a better life just because you would end up as number 2 ?????
        PRECISLEY because we don't want to be number 2. We don't need to destroy them, but we need to suppress them. I assume your not American? Right now we are (barley) #1, I’d like to stay that way. Nothing gives me the right, it is not GIVEN it is TAKEN.

There is only room for one at the top and obviously I’d like it to be “us†instead of “themâ€.

I also don't trust the Chinese to call the shots on a global basis, but thats another issue. You do realize Chinese economic dominance will PROBOABLY lead to an eventual world order under Chinese rule..... right? China has the potential to become an economic and military power the likes of which the world has never seen, ever. If it can survive political turmoil which is sure to rise within, it will outstrip every empire in history.

This is assuming eventual Chinese aggression does not result in a nuclear exchange(not necessarily even involving America) which is also a good possibility.

And for 2 more cents.... even with all of its (many, many, many flaws) the U.S. currently occupies the role of most powerful economy and military in the world. It is democratic, it is a believer in human rights, it cares about the well being of its citizens. The douche bags at the top sometimes don't support these wonderful American values, but on the whole, our country does.

China is an authoritarian state, even if it is becoming generally less despotic. Do you see a Chinese legislature of the people which is the ultimate power in China, which is responsible to the PEOPLE of China, ever happening?

I don't want the most powerful state in the world to be an authoritarian dictatorship, even if it is becoming gradually better.

It is in EVERYONES best interest(Except China and its allies) that China does not become the dominant world power simply because they do not value democracy or human rights. This does not neccesarily mean it is the U.S., but not China... and if it is not the U.S., it is China by default.
        Last edited by Vesayen; May 15, 2006, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
          I don't need to be told about my grammar and spelling on a forum more or less then any other poster.
          I respectfully disagree, sir.

Oh, and it's "than" not "then."
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

"Fix" the country?
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Vote Vince278 for President!

I ran in 2004 and I'll run again. Can anyone here honestly say that I can do worse than the current administration?
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                Vote Vince278 for President!

I ran in 2004 and I'll run again. Can anyone here honestly say that I can do worse than the current administration?

You know, you seriously set yourself up now for some serious flaming.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  You know, you seriously set yourself up now for some serious flaming.
                  Anyone who speaks out in Bush's favor is setting themselves up for a serious flaming (and not from me).
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Anyone who speaks out in Bush's favor is setting themselves up for a serious flaming (and not from me).

Hell, anyone can just about say anything anymore on Apolyton and get flamed; you just can't be safe here anymore.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ken Livingstone.

Comment

Russ Feingold appears to have demonstrated some moral rectitude recently. That's more than one expects from US politicians, so perhaps promoting him to President would do the country some good.

Of course, US will never take its medicine and vote for someone good, so I might as well pipe dream and suggest Jello Biafra for POTUS.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

[Beavis]
                          heh heh, heh heh, he said rectitude, heh heh
                          [/Beavis]

Comment

Me.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                            X