Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks like my Ford didn't break down after all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of money to sink into that particular car, yeah.

Is is really worth $500 to fix that issue? I mean, it's not as if the ignition lock helped you much anyway, right?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Why would you leave all your stuff in your car?
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        My 40 GB Creative Zentouch MP=3 player had been stolen, a brand new camera phone my employer gave me had been stolen, and my Cannon S400 digital camera (along with a 1GB memory card) had also been stolen
        Why would you leave this in the car? That's the least safe place to keep those, specially if the car is not in your driveway
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Because I'm lazy. Because I've lived in the same neighborhood for most of the last 25 years and it's always been safe.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Why would you leave this in the car? That's the least safe place to keep those, specially if the car is not in your driveway
            I put it, the camera, and the phone in my glove compartment figure out of sight equaled out of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I put it, the camera, and the phone in my glove compartment figure out of sight equaled out of mind.
              Only for you, unfortunately.

Consider the possibility of buying a used car for $1000.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Just cuz your neighborhood is safe, it doesn't mean crooks can't wander in and snatch something. In fact, it makes it more likely, cuz folks are less on guard.

At least you got your car back, man. Teh Bunnygrrl and I ain't gettin'our bikes back. Cost me a grand to replace them and the stuff.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The ignition lock is stay busted because I'm not giving Ford $500 for something that simple. The other $500 I will spend though. I figure that should give me a few months to save up enough to put 20% down on a decent car.

I'm thinking about an Acura TSX or a Mazda RX-8?

Comment

Can't you find one in a parts store, junk years, or on eBay?
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                    X