Pick Ted's Next Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China!

Come on they're like next USSR that we're going to hate.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Why not go on a city trip to New Amsterdam?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:05.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A focused trip to China would work.

You could either just hit the major cities, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai and spend some time in the smaller ones nearby to see their tourist traps. . .er. . .I mean historic sites. This would primarily be a shopping trip, but you'd see all the famous places like the Great Wall.

Or you could go opposite and avoid the big cities for the rural areas of the south and west. Yunnan would be great for this. However, these trips are best done with a Chinese friend, since few people will speak English or even Mandarin in some places. You can join tour groups, but all the good stories I've heard come from people who don't use them.

Or you could go to specific tourist spots in China. I've heard good things about Dalian and Hainan.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Isn't a large portion of China under construction at the moment in preperation for the 2008 Olympics? My friends went to Beijing last year and were disappointed to find many of the top tourist spots covered in scaffolding...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've been to Beijing in years, but that's probably the case. Outside of Beijing shouldn't be so bad.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X