No announcement yet.

Your caffeine consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who drink a lot of soda in one day on a daily basis . . . .

aren't you at risk of getting some kind of serious problem with your kidneys or liver? I can't remember the name of it exactly, but some kind of crystal can form or something in the liver or kidneys??
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Those who drink a lot of soda in one day on a daily basis . . . .

aren't you at risk of getting some kind of serious problem with your kidneys or liver? I can't remember the name of it exactly, but some kind of crystal can form or something in the liver or kidneys??
      Can you be any more vague about some hysteria about soda?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

@ MrFun. What a overhyped conspiracy theorist... Believing that drinking soda on a regular basis is bad for one's health
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Let me give a REAL example then. A few years ago, a friend of a friend whom I do not very well suffered from some kind of painful ailment related to his kidneys or liver (can't recall now, which) and if I recall correctly, it was related to his excessive drinking of soda on a daily basis. There was something that had to be removed that didn't belong there, that was causing the pain.

Comment

BTW I drink no more than 24 ounces of soda a day which is hardly excessive and I drink other, more healthy fluids to keep myself hydrated such as water, 100 percent fruit juices, and so on.

So it's not like I'm hysterically anti-soda; didn't you guys see my other post in which I listed my favorite sodas? As SlowwHand would put it, you guys are acting like jack*asses.

Comment

Though it does remind me about the urban legend that putting a nail in a glass of soda would make the nail rot though
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yeah, or that putting a tooth in a glass of Cola would make it dissolve within hours.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Let me give a REAL example then. A few years ago, a friend of a friend whom I do not very well suffered from some kind of painful ailment related to his kidneys or liver (can't recall now, which) and if I recall correctly, it was related to his excessive drinking of soda on a daily basis. There was something that had to be removed that didn't belong there, that was causing the pain.
                  Sounds like a kidney stone... and I don't see how soda would be the culprit since soda contains little to no minerals.

Comment

Sounds like a kidney stone... and I don't see how soda would be the culprit since soda contains little to no minerals.

Never mind; I shouldn't have brought this up if I can't remember the details. This guy drank a ton of soda on a daily basis though and I think it was something other than kidney stone.

Comment

I drink 3 to 5 mugs of coffee most days. Almost always at least two.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've had maybe 2 cokes in the past week, and a cup of coffee.

Comment

UR - a can of soda is 12 fl.oz.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            UR - a can of soda is 12 fl.oz.

-Arrian
                            What's that in the metric system (ml or cc)? Thanks
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Though it does remind me about the urban legend that putting a nail in a glass of soda would make the nail rot though
                              It's got carbonic acid, which isn't exactly good for your health. And don't forget the heaps of sugar in every can...
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

There ain't no sugar in diet sodas.

Comment

Working...
                                X