No announcement yet.

Your caffeine consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes rather more than a cup to make me hyper.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

In the rare occurences where I drank coffee as a child, it made me hyper indeed. Also, when I started really consuming coffee (in my late teens), the effect was pretty strong at the beginning, I wouldn'turs and ho be sleepy for hours with a single cup.

Nowadays, I use coffee to help digest the b reakfast or the meal, so that I'm not too sleepy immediately afterwards. For long-term wakedness, I drink juices with vitamins.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I have some kind of resistance against caffeine. It does as much to me as an elephant shrew would do to an elephant. I fell asleep in the Student Union while dring coffee once. Sure, it was 4 am, but still.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

caffiene didn't do anything to me initially...

could drink a pot of it and go right to sleep

it wasn't until my blood pressure problems that it started effecting me

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Two or three cups of coffee at work if someone asks me if I want one making.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
              when I was working out 6-7 hours a day
              Wtf? Were you in the Olympics or just incredibly vain?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

nah, i was in high school and playing multiple sports at a time...

In the fall, I was at school between 6 and 6:30 and ran 7-10 miles for cross country, lifted during athletics just before lunch (and sometimes into my lunch break, and then had football practice from 3:30 to 7 or 8.

In the spring, I was only running about 5 miles in the mornings, lifted during athletics, then track practice after school. I did all specialty events (hurdles, triple jump, pole vault and sprint relay) so, I had to do the running workout, and then practice each event. After I was done with all of that, I had to go to baseball practice.
                "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Ah.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

3 cans of diet coke per day during the work week. Somewhat less on weekends.

I don't drink coffee or tea, so that's my method of caffeine injection.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I shall get coffee now. With much sugar. And milk. Not cream, I hate cream in coffe. Unless it's sweet cream, whipped

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                        Generally zero. I don't go out of my way to avoid it, but I never crave it. I don't often have soft drinks (maybe a glass or two of iced tea a week), can't stand coffee, and only have hot tea if I'm in an Asian restaurant for dinner.
                        QFMETOO... Sort of anyway. I occasionally have some sort of herbal tea, because that's the kind of tea my mom happens to have at home. And I very rarely have some coffee. Usually something with plenty of sugar and/or milk in it.

I did have a cup or two in the past weeks though, to wake me up during or at the start of a day where I had to do lots of work and hadn't slept too well.

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        (...) I wouldn'turs and ho be sleepy for hours with a single cup.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I successfully resisted drinking any caffeine yesterday. Even though I was tired when I posted, I was able to wake up after my workout.

I'm not giving into caffeine that easily. I will fight addiction. I will only drink it when I'm short on sleep.

Comment

36-60 oz of Dr Pepper a day
                            (That includes Cherry Vanillia, Berries & Cream, and although they dont make it any more, it would include Red Fusion)

All other caffeine drinks - zero or not regularly. I think with 4 cans a day I'm getting about 170mg of caffiene, which is equivalent to what, one or two cups of coffee? On the other hand I'm sure the other garbage like sugar is through the roof...
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                              36-60 oz of Dr Pepper a day
                              (That includes Cherry Vanillia, Berries & Cream, and although they dont make it any more, it would include Red Fusion)

All other caffeine drinks - zero or not regularly. I think with 4 cans a day I'm getting about 170mg of caffiene, which is equivalent to what, one or two cups of coffee? On the other hand I'm sure the other garbage like sugar is through the roof...

A can is 8 fluid oz, right? That's a lot of cans.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I know people who regularly have a couple of 2L a day. People in the US drink too much pop./

KJM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X