Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll for the upper-class!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm aware of that. What changes is my degree of sympathy towards the whiners.

70% is absurdly high.
    15% is, IMO, low.
    33% doesn't strike me as so bad.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Personally, I think the payroll (flat tax) should be eliminated and the regular income tax brackets be adjusted to make up for the difference. I think the tax structure should be simplified so it is more transparent to the tax payers.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        I'm aware of that. What changes is my degree of sympathy towards the whiners.

70% is absurdly high.
        15% is, IMO, low.
        33% doesn't strike me as so bad.

-Arrian
        At a "gut-feel" level, I agree with you. But the reasons for our perceptions of the various levels probably are based solely on our experiences and what we are used to -- rather than any absolutes about the "best" levels of taxation.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
        X