No announcement yet.

Corporate Obligations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it sounds like a lot of work.. most new businesses fail also.

I recommend just relaxing, and trying to do as little of work as possible.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It won't fail if I call it "SuperCitizen, Inc."!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

NO IT WILL NOT FAIL!

Of course, I'll have to charge you for that..depending on your success, after all I'm not unreasonable. And only after you made it.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Geriatric care

A really needed service is geriatric care. However, this is very demanding to provide and almost no one would do it for any length of time if the money were not very good. I don't see how you could get enough people to do this on a non-profit basis.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: Geriatric care

Originally posted by pchang
            A really needed service is geriatric care. However, this is very demanding to provide and almost no one would do it for any length of time if the money were not very good. I don't see how you could get enough people to do this on a non-profit basis.
            Actually, almost no AMERICAN would do it for any length of time if the money were not very good. It's the number one ticket out of here for Filipinos.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: Re: Geriatric care

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Actually, almost no AMERICAN would do it for any length of time if the money were not very good. It's the number one ticket out of here for Filipinos.
              And they burn out very quickly and start doing it in a very half-assed way.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Geriatric care

Originally posted by pchang

And they burn out very quickly and start doing it in a very half-assed way.
                Really? That's surprising. Two years in Manila hasn't left me with a lot of respect fro Filipinos, but they do seem to have a capacity to put up with just about anything. Oh well.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Actually, I wasn't thinking of doing geriatric care. My service would be to promote, sell, install, and retrofit homes to put off the need for assisted living. Pretty much provide and impliment Independent Living Solutions.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Geriatric care

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Really? That's surprising. Two years in Manila hasn't left me with a lot of respect fro Filipinos, but they do seem to have a capacity to put up with just about anything. Oh well.
                    That's not really the problem. The problem is they also have the capacity to figure out what the minimum they can get away with. Conditions in the elderly care facilities I have seen have been pretty grim. I used to volunteer to provide entertainment/company at elderly care facilities. I haven't done it for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      Actually, I wasn't thinking of doing geriatric care. My service would be to promote, sell, install, and retrofit homes to put off the need for assisted living. Pretty much provide and impliment Independent Living Solutions.
                      You see those lift systems for stairs advertised all over the place and they are pretty expensive.

Comment

yeah, my grandma had to get some sort of oxygen system and it cost a fortune and she only ended up using it for 4 months... her last 4
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Corporate Obligations

Originally posted by Japher
                          How would I go about making that business profitable without taking advantage of those in need?

I thought you were a cold-hearted conservative who would have no moral qualms with such issues?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I am.

My issue is more regarding the fact that in order to have a successful buisness I would have to at least appear to care, and that can be hard if you are plainly stealing from needy people.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

If you want to run a for-profit business and give to charity. The charity has to be registered if you want to deduct it. You can't just give away your product to those who are too poor.

The other way you can go is to become a non-profit organization and get for-profit organizations to make donations to you.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X