Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need bread help, what are you favortie kinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need bread help, what are you favortie kinds?

So I recently came across a family receipe and have been strongly considering opening my own business or bakery using this receipe for monkey bread. Something I've wanted to do for a long time. But to get and keep customer interest you have to offer many varieties as well as other things. So in that vain tell me what type of breakfast breads you really like.

Been thinking for the breakfast breads some type of sticky bread cinnimon apple w/nuts, blueberry, one with lots of nusts and rasins etc. Considering making some type of lunch or sandwich loaf as well you know with ham and chees on the inside. So if you were going to go into a bakery and get something like that what would your choices be?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

I don't like breads at breakfast

Croissants are big, as are bagels... I guess if I was going to have a bread for breakfast it would be a bagel... or a cheese danish
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Ahhh but I live in what I call a yuppie puppie town. You know alot of designer wanna be's and something like that I think would go over good. Jalapeno cheese bread was one I was thinking of seems to be popular. Was also thinking about some type of muffelleta italian type.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

palmeirs
        Monkey!!!

Comment

You over there are really to be pittied.

Right at the next corner, I have a bakery with dozens of bread types (not counting the rolls ), wheat, rye, Dinkel (?), mixed, "full corn", with walnuts, with anise, sweet...
          I love most dark rye breads with a hard crust.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Waldcorn
            ciabatta
            9-12 grain breads
            brown baguette with seeds sprayed allover on top

as long as it's not white bread, it's almost guaranteed to be good
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I've come to the conclusion I need breed help.

Comment

you shouldn't breed
                Monkey!!!

Comment

to be honest, it sounds like a tough business. But you never know, it could take off.

But I'd sell donuts too, to be on the safe side. .

I mainly eat 100% whole wheat bread. Sometimes I eat the stone ground stuff. Usually Roman Meal brand name (I'm not sure if that brand name exists outside my city- as we have a bakery inside my city). Rye bread is always good. Sourdough if you like to go for the San Fransisco style.

Comment

so i guess banana bread is out
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

banana bread. I love that.

and of course raisin bread.

Comment

Tiamat - I had a friend that ran a bakery. The equipment and expertise in doing a bakery is an entirely different world than doing it at home. You have to get up VERY early, you will work in a sweltering room full of ovens, and you will make bread in quantities unimaginable.

He loved it anyway. Go to work in a bakery for a few weeks first to see if you actually enjoy the work. If you do - go for it. Go to you SBA - Small Business Administration - and see what help they can offer. The IRS also offers workshops so you can keep good business records.

Don't let the bread business make a monkey out of you.

P.S. My wife reading over my shoulder said - booo (to my play on words).
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Mrs. Harley obviously doesn't appreciate a good pun.

Especially ones about Monkeys!!!!!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Why don't you make only one kind of bread and make sure it's the best in town?
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

like pizza beagels
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X