No announcement yet.

A couple of quick questions for Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I can see it being second base actually. I'm not used to the baseball analogy too well.

Comment

"Hooking up" is the more ambigious term that might include copping feels and lots of other stuff.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I thought "hooking up" generally denotes sex.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

It might include sex, but as I have known the term, it's much more ambiguous.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What Dan said.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Hook up" is more associated with the conotation in which it is said

If I said I was going to "Hook up with some friends" no one would assume sex

If I said I "Hooked up with some broad" they might assume I meant sex
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: A couple of quick questions for Americans

Originally posted by VetLegion

Should Words In Newspaper Article (Or Thread) Titles Be Capitalized Or Not?
                They should be capitalized. They should not be capitalised. It is important that you know this.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

If you thought you were going to make out, and you just got kissed, you got ripped off.

Now VetLegion knows everything about America.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    3. Blueprints refers to the slightly blueish carbon paper that was used by architects before copiers were common.
                    Kind of but not quite. Blue prints were copies of orignal drawings. The copies were not placed on carbon paper but a diazo copying paper that is exposed and dthen subsequently developed in an ammonia vapor tray.

When developed all the lines, characters etc. had a distinctive blue cast to them while the rest of the diazo paper was plain white.

Me an old school engineer.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Comment

Now VetLegion knows everything about America.
                        Yes. YES

Comment

I might use this thread for my question on America.

What does going on a date imply. Does a date have to necesserily end in sex.
                          You can often see on a movie how the girl says "Are you asking me on a date?" as if date implies something more than just going out for dinner or whatever.
                          So what is included in a date?
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Ive had that dispute with a coworker

apparently she believes you can have sex without it being a date... you can go out to dinner and movie and not have sex and it's a date.... she's messed up

a date is any occassion in which you go out with some with a) the mutual understanding that you are "out" with that person and b) that there is a potential for romance
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              Ive had that dispute with a coworker

apparently she believes you can have sex without it being a date... you can go out to dinner and movie and not have sex and it's a date.... she's messed up
                              The inner working of the female's mind...... go figure.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

it started because this dude I work with was dating this chick and she went and slept with his best friend, who also works her

she says they were never dating, though they were sleeping together
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X