Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"U.S. Immigrants To Boycott on May 1st". This Really Pisses Me Off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Originally posted by Whoha
    Yea after they killed those natives.

After they killed some of those natives, not all, not even most, not even a significant portion. More like, killed enough to conquer the city.
    The city was razed and burnt to the ground. Disease and plague kill a great many of the inhabitants, and I doubt very much that Cortez's tribal allies would have settled less then the annihilation of the Aztecs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      It doesn't matter. Not unless you are willing to create special circumstances in which immigration is unrestricted in some places and not in others. And to do that would be completely arbitrary and at the discretion of the native people so it still doesn't matter who was mayan and who wasn't. They're gone. Get over it.
      What, why the hell not? I *AM* willing to create special circumstances. I bet others are too. Our restructions on skilled labor should be near zilch(and are) compared to your average mexican laborer-and basically are.

Comment

Our restructions on skilled labor should be near zilch (and are)
        Wrong.

Come back when you understand how immigration works .

Comment

It would be nice if restrictions on skilled labor were near zilch... then my relatives from the UK (both the mother and father were doctors) wouldn't have had to have waited 11 years to a get a green card.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comparativley. It is far easier for the wealthy and skilled to gain citizenship then an unskilled mexican laborer.

And even if I am mistaken on how it works, everything else I have stated stands. I sure as hell am willing to make special exceptions and rules which DO descriminate.

The general spirit of the rules being this: If your entry into the U.S. as a citizen is a net economic gain, or no net change, then yes.

If you are an economic net less, then no.

This is for people with no famillial relations(legal famillial relations)
            Last edited by Vesayen; May 7, 2006, 21:00.

Comment

dp
              Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; May 8, 2006, 00:37.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

What, why the hell not? I *AM* willing to create special circumstances. I bet others are too. Our restructions on skilled labor should be near zilch(and are) compared to your average mexican laborer-and basically are.
                Uh, wrong. The restrictions on skilled and unskilled labor are actually exactly the same. You have to have an employer lined up, and the employer has to demonstrate that there is no American willing to do the job at the wage offered. This actually favors unskilled labor, as well as a few key professions like nursing and teaching.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The general spirit of the rules being this: If your entry into the U.S. as a citizen is a net economic gain, or no net change, then yes.

If you are an economic net less, then no.

So you are saying you'd let all the unskilled Mexicans in then (net economic gain being positive with their presense)?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    You dorks still refuse to differentiate between immigrants and illegal alies.
                    The only real difference IS legality. I personally don't give a **** if the're legal or not. I don't go around like some narc worrying about whether or not people are here legally or not.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

The only real difference IS legality. I personally don't give a **** if the're legal or not. I don't go around like some narc worrying about whether or not people are here legally or not.

If you don't care if people break laws, does this mean we should have no laws on anything?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                      X