Anglothread I: Come in for a spot of tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglothread I: Come in for a spot of tea

Hip hip, cheerio and all that. Welcome boffins to the bicentennial Anglothread, wherein all Anglophiles toast the Queen and play croquet prior to a rousing fox hunt. Gather round for morning tea before we leave. Earl Grey for myself, but of course I won't hold it against you should you choose a less patriotic brand. It's all made by those slaves in the Carribean anyway, eh?
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Darjeeling
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Assam

Comment

Lotus Blossom and Jasmine.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Lotus

Comment

Also like a fine Assam Mangalam FTGFOP1 and occasionally a good old fashioned Darjeeling MYOFB.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Definitely Earl Grey!

Think I'll have one right now!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oi, this'sa crap thread, init!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Tha's a well crap accent me ol' china.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

One says f**k off!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I shall get some oolong, just before complaining about the closure of Teutothread I.

Comment

I tried doing a great Anglo impression... but it just degenerated into an Aussie...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, it was created (Ozie) with that in mind.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Irish Breakfast for me, thank you.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

*Lurks in the thread trying to relearn proper English*
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X