Anglothread I: Come in for a spot of tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Lurks in the butcher shop trying to relearn proper surgical technique*
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      Well, it was created (Ozie) with that in mind.
      if you want, I can record myself doing a horrible impression... it might start out sounding Angloish, but will degenerate into Aussie...

I might get Irish on your asses too... there's no telling what may happen
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Anglothread I: Come in for a spot of tea

Originally posted by Zevico
        Welcome boffins to the bicentennial Anglothread, wherein all Anglophiles toast the Queen

Steady on. The old girl's a hun.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Of course, the irony in attempting to reproduce Received Pronunciation (ie- Posh English) is that it originated as an attempt to mimic the mangled prot-German accents of the Royal Family.

Therefore I will now be reverting into the oldest surviving true English vernacular- peasant West Country.

Awright, me babbers? S'gurt lush, nit?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Cleerlee, I câant allo' zis thread too côntinoo wizoot my inpoot.

Rosbifs
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Horsefeathers.

Comment

I'm having some of what's left of the chili I had earlier now. Good stuff, drinking beer too.

Comment

British Breakfast Tea, what what.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    if you want, I can record myself doing a horrible impression... it might start out sounding Angloish, but will degenerate into Aussie...

I might get Irish on your asses too... there's no telling what may happen
                    That'd be right good for a laff.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

tea
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I regret that the Teutothread was closed, as I am drinking German camomile tea and checking on my home-made basement sauerkraut.
                        Lime roots and treachery!
                        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          I tried doing a great Anglo impression... but it just degenerated into an Aussie...
                          Tie me kangaroo dowen sport.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Did you know that George Orwell wrote a Defence of English Cooking.

Even he couldn't defend it...
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

What's wrong with English cooking?
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                                Also like a fine Assam Mangalam FTGFOP1 and occasionally a good old fashioned Darjeeling MYOFB.
                                I'm surprised no tea fans called me out on this one. The first tea is real but the second is made up (Darjeeling MYOFB (Mind Your Own F*cking Business)). Oh well.
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X