Bush Not Proficient in Spanish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of her students.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush Not Proficient in Spanish

Originally posted by Thorgal

All the US was stolen from the indians.

BTW, why the US has not official lenguage? Surely it is too late now for an all-anglosaxxon sort of KKK nation, with 40 millions of spanish speaking voters you should make spanish co-official.
      Before Spanish could be co-official, there would have to be an official language at all. It's a very important part of this country that there is, in fact, no official language.

Which is why Spanish and French and half a dozen different Asian languages have instructions printed on every device sold, as well as English. English is just the most used.

Obviously, though, English is the unofficial Official Language. And, though I'm not too sure about this one, I'm pretty sure certain states have made English the official language.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Spanish has official status in Texas, and I believe also in some other state. Hawaiian has official status in, well, Hawaii.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Hey, don't know more about my country than I do.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            Since no one else has made this point I will, there's a big difference between european and american ideas of 'proficient' in a language. Some europeans I've known wouldn't say they were fluent unless they were a native speaker.
            That seems like putting the bar crazily high. I consider myself 'fluent' in English, but you'd no doubt quickly realize I'm a furriner if we were to speak face to face.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Then there is not official language for the whole country but every state has his official languages?
              Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Some states have one or more official languages, some have none.

Comment

I never heard about Texas being officially bilingual. I'd only heard about Louisiana being officially bilingual English & French in order to prevent French from dying out. I hear it isn't working.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

In some parts of Houston there are Vienamese street signs...
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush Not Proficient in Spanish

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Not at all - I would refer you to my threads about how the Native Americans were kicked off their lands, but I fear that they are lost forever in the Poly archives unless the lazy gits that run this site have actually bothered to fix it.

Therefore, the irony is that you are indeed gloating about the fact that you agree with a position I have already expounded in the past!

Another moment for you to cherish perhaps?
                      Ehrm, why should I care a bit about what you have said in other threads if it contradicts what you say now ??? I don't think that I'm obliged to read every bit you may have written in the past.

Considering your preference for bashing US, there are no reason not to belive what you write, so I actually feel fine

Though, if you are claming that you actually is a bit sane, then it's a welcome news - you just need to work a bit on how you express it.

Sad that you couldn't come to Oxford - I think we could have had some fun arguing - you are a pestilence, but there are a spark of intelligence
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

That seems like putting the bar crazily high. I consider myself 'fluent' in English, but you'd no doubt quickly realize I'm a furriner if we were to speak face to face.

It wasnt that they weren't actually fluent, its just an example of how differently european and american cultures view 'foreign' language skills.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                        X