Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Not Proficient in Spanish

Bush's Spanish 'no muy bueno,' White House says

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush likes to drop a few words of Spanish in his speeches and act like he's proficient in the language. But he's really not that good, his spokesman said Thursday.

"The president can speak Spanish but not that well," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said. "He's not that good with his Spanish."

McClellan's comment was noticeable because presidential press secretaries usually boast about a president's ability rather than talk about any shortcomings. McClellan is in the last days of his job, leaving the White House next week.

McClellan made his remark in response to a report that Bush had sung the Star-Spangled Banner in Spanish during the 2000 campaign. Just last week Bush said the national anthem should be sung in English, not Spanish. (Full story)

"It's absurd," McClellan said of the report, suggesting that Bush couldn't have sung it in Spanish even if he had wanted to.

Bush isnt proficient in spanish - no surprise there, he isn't even proficient in english.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

He's never been proficient in Spanish. This was known in 1999.

Comment

good. let it be known again
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I'm going back to work....

Comment

that's oppostuerousious!

swear to god it is
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I'll bet he's not even proficient in Swahili or Urdu. Bastard.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Now I'm definitely not gonna vote for him in '08.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

hes also not proficient at being president either for that matter.

Comment

but he sure can start a war
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

So can Saddam.
                    B♭3

Comment

I bet Saddam can't speak Spanish either
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

No, but at least he has an ironclad alibi (nytimes.com) for one of this war crimes.
                        B♭3

Comment

If only Bush had friends!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Bush Not Proficient in Spanish

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

Bush's Spanish 'no muy bueno,' White House says

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush likes to drop a few words of Spanish in his speeches and act like he's proficient in the language. But he's really not that good, his spokesman said Thursday.

"The president can speak Spanish but not that well," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said. "He's not that good with his Spanish."

McClellan's comment was noticeable because presidential press secretaries usually boast about a president's ability rather than talk about any shortcomings. McClellan is in the last days of his job, leaving the White House next week.

McClellan made his remark in response to a report that Bush had sung the Star-Spangled Banner in Spanish during the 2000 campaign. Just last week Bush said the national anthem should be sung in English, not Spanish. (Full story)

"It's absurd," McClellan said of the report, suggesting that Bush couldn't have sung it in Spanish even if he had wanted to.

Bush isnt proficient in spanish - no surprise there, he isn't even proficient in english.
                            Why would he be proficient in Spanish?
                            Can you speak Botswanian?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bush has taken Spanish lessons.

Perhaps if LoA had taken Botswanian...
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X