No announcement yet.

Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera most trusted: poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't trust the BBC, but not because of its political bias or lack thereof. They're factual content is often a bit dubious or misleading. Take their weather service. Gets it right less than half the time. The only time it's right is when they are saying what the weather is now. Whoopde-do.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Also, the local BBC news is hosted by incompetents who can't interview properly.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I've largely given up on TV news of any sort, but I tend to get my news from a mix of the NY Times, BBC, and NPR (well, not any more: see location).

If you want to see real left-wing bias: Try Pravda.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
          I'll admit Al Jazeera is a surprise. I'd thought it would only be most trusted among those terrorists who "anonymously" drop off all those video tapes. The poll may be showing a little bias (as polls usually do).
          I wandered across the al Jazerra website when I was looking for reports of the damage caused in the western Indian Ocean by the tsunami. Its coverage on that incident was really very good.

Fox News is an excellent newsource for learning what the lastest White House position is on any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
            Quite frankly I find these poll results shocking. I didn't think that many people believed what was said on Fox News.
            11 percent of Americans said Fox News
            I don't find it that hard to believe 11 percent of Americans trust Fox News a lot. It's not that many Americans.
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

It beat CNN.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                Yesterday, on the Soviet-Chinese border, Chinese soldiers disguised as peasants opened fire on a peaceful Soviet tractor. Our tractor returned fire, neutralized the intruders, and flew away...
                Pretty much the quality of Fox News reporting...
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  The Beeb is a bit left from the Canadian perspective.

Not much, but a bit.

It's still miles better than anything we get, from farther left to farther right.

The CBC has been getting better lately though. I think the prospects of Canada becoming a Mexico with tundra might have smartened them up.
                  Are there any independant daily newspapers to be found the other side of the country?
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        It beat CNN.
                        Yes, and think about why that is. There are only two possible explanations:

1) Fox News is more trustworthy than CNN

2) CNN viewers are more skeptical than Fox viewers

#1 is laughable on its face; that leaves #2.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That's your viewpoint. Not the majority.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

That's your viewpoint. Not the majority.
                            Actually, if only 11% of Americans trust Fox, I suspect mine is the majority opinion.

Still, let's also note that while Fox came in first, with 11%, CNN came in second -- with 11%. The full results are here.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Results of a poll of more than 10,000 adults in 10 countries
                              I don't even believe in statistics. They bend to any purpose. This is far from indicative, I think.

Comment

It beat CNN.
                                Well, duh. At least they report news. Its their slant on the news but its news. CNN,well its just their slant, no news to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X