No announcement yet.

Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera most trusted: poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite frankly I find these poll results shocking. I didn't think that many people believed what was said on Fox News.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

CNN and Cartoon Network aren't known for being serious.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
        Quite frankly I find these poll results shocking. I didn't think that many people believed what was said on Fox News.
        Well, athiests are shocked that people believe what they hear in church, or read in the Bible. But the only people who are frequenting churches and reading the Bible are people who want to believe.

Same goes for Fox.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          CNN and Cartoon Network aren't known for being serious.
          What's striking is that CNN International -- the version of CNN that the rest of the world gets, and which I've watched faithfully for the last 6 years -- is about a thousand times better than the CNN we get at home.

Maybe CNN has figured out that it's Americans who aren't known for being serious.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What do I think? Hmm. Well, I see it wouldn't take much to pull the wool over the eyes of billions of people who apparently place their trust in the hands of giant media corporations.

Maintaining a *diversity* of news sources is critical to being a well-informed citizen of this pitiful world of ours.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              BBC is left wing biased.

Your media being so bat**** insanely right-wing is what makes you believe this.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

The Beeb is a bit left from the Canadian perspective.

Not much, but a bit.

It's still miles better than anything we get, from farther left to farther right.

The CBC has been getting better lately though. I think the prospects of Canada becoming a Mexico with tundra might have smartened them up.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think BBC is vastly overrated, though there has been a noticable improvement since they got ***** slapped a couple of years ago. Their coverage of the U.S. is painful, and gives me an idea of just how bad their coverage of the rest of the world must be. They are still invaluable to me in that they give occasional coverage of Africa and some insight into the British thought process, but I trust them not.

The only Fox news program I see (I don't have cable) is Fox News Sunday. Honestly it's a pretty decent show. I also watch ABC's This Week (which has become the class of the Sunday morning news shows under George Stepanopolous sp?) and NBC's Meet the Press, and while Fox News Sunday isn't quite as good as these others, it isn't terribly biased. Certainly less so than The CBS Evening News with Dan Rather ever was.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Fox and Al Jazeera should get married, they'd be like the oscar winning couple except being the evil ones.

BBC is OK, but not the best possible or the only decent.. CNN Europe is OK, but not perfect. These two are at least CLOSE to what news reporting is about, bringing out facts, not opinions (even though they both still do, and thats why they are just OK and not good and great).

But when the **** goes down, I'm tuning on BBC.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Al Jazeera is the first station to broadcast to the Arabic world that isn't basically a government propoganda machine.

For the people in those areas it is the best, least biased source. It's not perfect, but considering the alternatives I'm not surprised it is the most trusted in its target region. Yeah, their perspective is very different from ours in the west, but you'd expect that.

I actually watched some Al Jazeera, but it wasn't in English so I didn't understand it. Their web based stuff isn't that bad.

News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm more surprised that so many are surprised by Al Jazeera's good rating.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Télé Suisse Romande (both 1 and 2)

RTS.ch | Le site de la Radio Télévision Suisse francophone RTS 1, RTS 2, La 1ère, Espace 2, Couleur 3 et Option Musique | Accédez à toutes vos émissions radio et TV, informez-vous grâce à nos portails d'information et de sport, participez à nos concours et consultez nos programmes TV et radio.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                            Yesterday, on the Soviet-Chinese border, Chinese soldiers disguised as peasants opened fire on a peaceful Soviet tractor. Our tractor returned fire, neutralized the intruders, and flew away...
                            I remember that from the old times!!!
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                              I'm more surprised that so many are surprised by Al Jazeera's good rating.
                              Yes, that's what I meant really.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

The CBC has been getting better lately though. I think the prospects of Canada becoming a Mexico with tundra might have smartened them up.
                                How can they, when the prospects are nil.

Can't say I've watched the CBC in months though. Although the only news is usually that Mansbridge has gotten a little balder.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X