US National Anthem in Spanish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US National Anthem in Spanish

Bush didn't like it, alot of people apparently dont like it. So why did we invade Iraq? To show them western ideals, values, the notion of liberty and the struggle to obtain it? Wouldn't Bush, wouldn't us all smile if we heard the US national anthem in their languages next year? I'd be even happier if I heard the words of our Constitution spoken in 50 different languages.

Oh God.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Topeka. Not exactly a melting pot.

Topeka complete population and statistics ...find local info, yellow pages, white pages, demographics and more using Areaconnect Topeka

You're just the first I'll do this to, not the last.

Race
      One race 118387 96.74%
      White 96093 78.52%
      Black or African American 14332 11.71%
      American Indian and Alaska Native 1603 1.31%
      Asian 1340 1.09%
      Asian indian 396 0.32%
      Chinese 319 0.26%
      Filipino 179 0.15%
      Japanese 94 0.08%
      Korean 127 0.1%
      Vietnamese 81 0.07%
      Other Asian 144 0.12%
      Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 50 0.04%
      Native Hawaiian 16 0.01%
      Guamanian or Chamorro 9 0.01%
      Samoan 6 0%
      Other Pacific Islander 19 0.02%
      Some other race 4969 4.06%
      Two or more races 3990 3.26%
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

So, Sloww, did you have a point . . . no, what am I thinking. Of course you don't.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I grew up in San Francisco, San Diego and LA, but what does race have to do with the ideals embodied in a song dedicated to the struggle for liberty?

Comment

They can sing it in Spanish, Farsi, French. In the land in which that language is native.

Comment

Nah. They just need to have English in what would include roads, schools, and like that. Learn the language of the country you proclaim to be a citizen. That's just manners.

Comment

thats a different issue Slow, I guess I just place more value in the ideals than the language they're spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  I grew up in San Francisco, San Diego and LA, but what does race have to do with the ideals embodied in a song dedicated to the struggle for liberty?
                  The anthem is bad enough in English. Dear god, don't translate it into another language.

Comment

I was just humming it and had that same thought

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Nah. They just need to have English in what would include roads, schools, and like that. Learn the language of the country you proclaim to be a citizen. That's just manners.
                      Says the man living in a land that natively speaks Spanish.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i love how this gets some white people riled up.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Says the man living in a land that natively speaks Spanish.
                            Sloww lives in Europe?

Comment

Everytime you hear, " The US National Anthem should only be sung in English..." you should respond, "The Bible should only be written in Aramaic..."
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X