Today I join Big Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I join Big Oil

While I have frequently argued a pro-business, I can now confirm that I will be moving over from my law firm to a position inside reasonably big oil company for the perks of benefits and stock options etc.

So my bias will get stronger since if you nationalize my company's assets, you are stealing from me and my child
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Congrats Flubber.

If you're going to sell out - do it big.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Cha ching!
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: Today I join Big Oil

[SIZE=1]So my bias will get stronger since if you nationalize my company's assets, you are stealing from me and my child

Good luck with the job.

Comment

Hey, most of my stocks are in big oil - you can't ignore a sure thing!

Those and tobacco companies...

Not to mention my pension from working at Shell in the late '80's early '90's...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Deep Throat: Follow the money.

Comment

Hey MOBIUS, you forgot to mention the stocks you have in that landmine manufacturing company. Have you suddently turned shy ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                While I have frequently argued a pro-business, I can now confirm that I will be moving over from my law firm to a position inside reasonably big oil company for the perks of benefits and stock options etc.

So my bias will get stronger since if you nationalize my company's assets, you are stealing from me and my child
                Hey Man! Someone stoled that thing I stoled!

-Cheech
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  Congrats Flubber.

If you're going to sell out - do it big.
                  the "selling" point for me was the options and the additional vacation

But you will all be happy to know that "my" company is more focused on natural gas which is much cleaner than oil. ( Also by joining in summer, the natural gas price and stock price are down a little which gives the options a lower exercize price)
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

the "selling" point for me was the options and the additional vacation
                    Well done. I've always preferred time over money.

I haven't worked a 40 hour week in about two years...
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Additional vacation ? More than five weeks ?
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sweet
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                          Hey MOBIUS, you forgot to mention the stocks you have in that landmine manufacturing company. Have you suddently turned shy ?
                          Sorry, decided not to follow your tips in the end...

Now earning shares in companies that sell cancer sticks to dumbasses that want to kill themselves...

Actually I was thinking of getting shares in the Scandinavian Tobacco Company Group - it seems to be doing well and is expanding into Eastern Europe.

What do you reckon?
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oh boo hoo hoo.
                            When you say you're joining big oil, that means we need to lube up, doesn't it?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

What do you reckon?
                              Well, I guess that you will find great pleasure in the fact that some of the money that you earn comes from me

I know that you can't resist this temptation, so you are on a slow but sure path to the dark side

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X