Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization?

Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide?

from the US VISA application form

i checked "no"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I've heard they're very harsh toward the little jokers who check "yes".

I still can't fathom why the heck they're still asking these questions in their forms
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Its just the "Cover Your Own Arse" ideology. See when Mark goes postal here in the US they can just reference the form he filled out and tell the American people, "See he checked NO on being crazy." Then everything will be OK!

Comment

Re: Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization?

Originally posted by MarkG
        Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide?

from the US VISA application form

i checked "no"
        Liar!
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

thank god I'm a citizen!
          Monkey!!!

Comment

they also want me to list contact details for all the people i'm going to meet.
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Maybe so they can have a technicality to prosecute people who are members of terrorist organizations but who haven't clearly broken any real law yet?...

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                Maybe so they can have a technicality to prosecute people who are members of terrorist organizations but who haven't clearly broken any real law yet?...
                Yup. Theyve gone after Nazi types for lying on their visas.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                  I've heard they're very harsh toward the little jokers who check "yes".
                  Like do what?

Comment

On your next trip to the airport and going through security, Joke about having a bomb with you.
                    I'm sure the experience will be equally entertaining for you.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's McCarthyism all over again. They can't keep you out, Markos!
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

Like do what?
                        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          Like do what?
                          From an example I've heard, they don't let you in. Simple as that.

Comment

They ask similar questions on the form you fill out to apply for a security clearance.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Question 30 of SF-86:

a. Have you ever been an officer or a member or made a contribution to an organization dedicated to the violent overthrow of the United States Government and which engages in illegal activities to that end, knowing that the organization engages in such activities with the specific intent to further such activities?

b. Have you ever knowingly engaged in any acts or activities designed to overthrow the United States Government by force?

If you answered "Yes" to a or b, explain in the space below.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X