Pope To Consider Allowing People To Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy

What matters is that you want to follow him, ... And that's much more then believing in existance or something.

Wow! Just wow!
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

(which is why protestants are more likely to be tricked by weird cults)

Jon Miller
      Heh heh.

You should have met my bi-polar, ex-marine, pentecostal, gnostic neighbour who had a passion for the Gospel of Thomas and occasional fits of rage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terra Nullius

Wow! Just wow!
        What kind of "Wow" is this?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Next week I'm going to a reception to celebrate Benedict's first year in office - should be a wild night.
          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 10, 2006, 20:41.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Ooh, ooh! Can I come too?

I hear he's kinda kinky!!

Comment

• I think he's gay, really...
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

This has nothing to do with complexity.
                The first cause argument does not deal with complexity, it deals with existence.
                how can something without a cause come out of nothing? Where comes the space from where we live in? What created the space in which something came uncaused from nothing?

Something is needed for our existence, something that's not a part of our reality. Somethingism / deism is therefor the default, imho.

Regarding Islam, with all respect to Islam, Islam is just a misinterpertation of judaism and christianity. The Quran mostly concists of mixed up Biblical stories.
                suddenly Miryam, the sister of Moses is the mother of Jesus, and the parents of Miryam/Moses are therefor the 'grand parents' of Jesus. That's a huge mixup of two stories.

Mohammd wanted to be accepted by the christians and the jews. Only after they rejected him he started to battle against them. Mohammed never got the intention to start a new religion. He just knew something about both monotheistic religions (both aren't really monotheistic btw) but he knew not exactly what it was, and made a lot of stuff up. Therefor Islam is imho not really a religion, like hinduism / zoroastrianism / judaism / christianity are. Islam is just a misunderstanding of judaism/christianity.
                And Muslims I'm sure can turn the tables on you, and claim that Christianity and Judaism are misunderstandings/misconceptions of God.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• HORSE !!!!!

Now look what you've done.

Comment

What kind of "Wow" is this?
                    That would be a Massively Multi-Orificed Rough Papist Wow.

Well, for example: one of the first forms of heresy the early church had to deal with was docetism. Docetism basically said that Christ was a heavenly being who only took on the appearance of human form. Ever since then, Catholics have been carefully defining orthodoxy and the nature of existence along with the correct procedures for flaying heretics. So your statement pretty much goes against 1800 years of Church history.

At the same time, the Decrees of Vatican II seem to imply that your opinion ("existence is nothing") is not inherently less valid than any other position. That's probably oversimplyfying things, but in the context of those Decrees, the Church seems to be validating a position which flies in the face of nearly 2000 years of tradition.

Nonetheless, your statement has a clear ring of truth to it (imo). Putting the Word into action clearly takes precedence over nit-picking debates about the nature of existence.

Comment

• are you in training?

Comment

• Stop obsessing about the size of my cleavage already!

Comment

• must be, it ain't natural to know so much vatican

Comment

• Nah, I ain't no perfeshenal, just enjoy dabbling in theology in my spare time.

My actual knowledge is pretty sparse, but my intuition is good. My talent is mostly in taking shots in the dark, so I often get things completely wrong. But just as often, I stumble on the right answer for no reason whatsoever.

Admittedly, I sometimes find this method frustrating. But I can always take satisfaction from the fact that it gives everyone else the screaming-heebeegeebees.

it ain't natural to know so much vatican

Know your enemy.

Comment

Working...
                            X