No announcement yet.

Pope To Consider Allowing People To Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, the bad parts would be when missionaries focus more on conversion than actual help.

But... no matter what the situation, if the missionaries do tell people to use condoms when they're having sex, it will help.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ooh, those evil Catholic missionaries trying to convert people!
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, cuz that's totally what I said.

They can try to convert whoever they want. I don't give a damn. I only begin to care when they don't help people that don't convert, as has happened in the past.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd be glad that they're helping at all. I do nothing for the people in Africa. directly at least.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

On that point your're right; I don't really help any Africans either.

But, uh, the point is... condoms = good.

Comment

The thread title seems like an odd choice for someone (the Pope) who used to be in charge of the agency in the vatican that is the modern day Inquisition......
              "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Well, my thread came with free martinis.
                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

It seems like they are only considering condom use in HIV cases, not all out condom usage. But still it's a step in the right direction.

Many people are ignorant, and do what they please anyways. Regardless of what the church says. Even if they are religious. It might have a small impact in the latino immrigant population in the U.S. But they will continue to breed like rabbits.

Comment

This is disgracefully irresponsible on the Pope's part. Now all the Catholics will go out humping sailors and sharing heroin needles, in the hope that they will catch AIDS and finally be able to use a rubber.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      This is disgracefully irresponsible on the Pope's part. Now all the Catholics will go out humping sailors and sharing heroin needles, in the hope that they will catch AIDS and finally be able to use a rubber.
                      /sarcasm noted.... but I think they mean to PREVENT HIV, at least I hope......
                      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

That was sarcasm? I was pretty sure I wasn't serious, but even I wasn't sure which side I was making fun of (or trying to make fun of) with that post. It may have been multiple layers of sarcasm. Or maybe I just felt compelled to say something really, really inane. Or both.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Re: Re: Pope To Consider Allowing People To Live

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          This is not antagonistic at all. You're open and fair and honest. Great way to end the stupid little fight that keeps creeping up across the forum.
                          Ah, but this time it finally worked.

Perhaps we'll reach the point where it isn't necessary anymore.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm not a catholic and I have no problems with using protection or birth control.

Having said that, I still think that most people have no clue about the roman catholic idealogy and vision on the AIDS problem.

Catholic solution: only have sex within mariage with only one partner during your entire life or the life of your partner.

1. this will stop AIDS now. if all people in the world would follow this catholic rule
                            2. condoms encourage people to have a wilder sex life because they feel protected
                            3. condoms are not as safe against AIDS as monogamy is, since condoms can slide off, a penis can lose it's erection during penetration (for sure with older men) which makes the condom pretty useless.

Take Uganda, the african country that had the worst number of AIDS victims in the world.
                            The president, Museveni, used the monogamy strategy for quite some time already. Together with the church it spreaded the ideal that sex belongs within mariage and that that's the best way to fight AIDS.

Uganda has now become the country that doing best in it's battle against AIDS worldwide now!!!!

No matter if you feel like the Roman Catholic idea on sex within-mariage is retarted, old fashioned or plain stupid, no-one can deny that this strategy is the best working strategy.

The silly reaction that people will have multiple sexual relations without condoms because condoms are not allowed is plain retarted by itself.
                            Why would people follow the anti-condom rule of the vatican while they plainly ignore the no-adultery rule?

The roman cathlic church and the liberals have just two different opinions on how to fight AIDS. So far the liberal opinion on freedom of sexual behavior is guilty for the grant majority of the AIDS victims. I wish that those liberals would stay silent on this matter instead of big mouthing the church.

Again, I'm no roman catholic and I have no problems with condoms or birth protection.
                            I just wish that people pull their heads out of the bottoms and stop their plain ignorant stupid way of reasoning.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The Panzerkardinal has gone soft
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

CyberShy. The "liberal" belief is generally along the lines of... you can't stop humans from having sex; they're going to do it no matter what you teach them. So, if they're going to have sex, and you can't stop them, you might as well teach them how to have sex responsibly and safely. The liberal position is not really about free love and sexual promiscuity.

Comment

Working...
                                X