• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bastard of a neighbour ...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Imagine if some random person wandered into your neighbors home, begged to work for them, and they accepted, and then they started throwing garbage on your lawn
      What garbage???

Imagine if some random person wandered into your neighbors' home, begged to work for them, and they accepted. The random person worked like a dog for peon wages. Then you and your neighbor sought to have the law changed to have the person declared a felon. The person refused to work. so, you went over to meet with your neighbor to discuss things; your neighbor made lunch (badly) and gave you food poisoning.

Comment

What garbage???
        unwanted children and welfare recepients cloging hospitals and filling schools forcing your own kids to learn spanish or russian or swahili or forgo an education

gangs and violence steming from a loose and uncontrolled boarder
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, you totally just said Immigrant Children = Garbage.

I think that means you lose the debate.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Is the because the plot failed?
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I think that means you lose the debate.
              oh well
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I can tell you're devastated.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  unwanted children
                  There are very family-oriented people

...and welfare recepients...
                  a RAND study shows that immigrants have a very low ration of applying for welfare...they come here to work...

...cloging hospitals...
                  those are probably Americans you see. Sick aliens tend not to leave their own country. They come here to work, and they can't work if they're sick.

...and filling schools...
                  True family-oriented aliens (if they're intending to stay) do tend to send for the children, and they have a greater than normal impact on schools.

My reaction is: I'd rather have these kids educated when they get old enough to work than not educated. But I can understand why other people have differing opinions.

...forcing your own kids to learn spanish or russian or swahili....
                  Dang, I hate it when schools force our kids to learn

...gangs and violence steming from a loose and uncontrolled boarder
                  The dread M-13 Gang was born in L.A. and spread to Latin American from here.

While we do have to control our boarders, I submit that the most logical first step is to create a "guest worker" program, so that the people who come here to work are registered, don't have criminal (or terrorist) backgrounds, and are healthy. Creating a workable way to get them here legally will relieve a lot of the pressure at the boarders. I'm sure people would rather be able to take a bus than to pay a coyote thousands of dollars and then cross a burning desert on foot.

Comment

you are assuming they actually learn in schools, which they don't. They grow up in poor neighborhoods and thusly grow to hate the system and will use violence against the system.

And yes they do fill emergency rooms. Forcing the rest of us to pay higher medical costs. Why do you think medical care costs so much? Because we are funding illegal immigrants who use the emergency room and don't pay for it.

Not to mention our emergency rooms have no room left. And the people who really need emergency care can't get it because some illegal alien is there with a sniffly nose.

Yes I am very passionate about this subject because I do not have medical insurance. If I have to have surgery, I'll have to file bankruptcy. But illegal aliens don't have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      So the slaves get all uppity about their rights - or lack thereof - you get mad at them because you had to pick the cotton yourself and now you have a blister on your thumb?

Thorn, the fact that the immigrants (regardless of their legal status) suddenly WEREN'T there today, instead replaced by people who don't know how to do their jobs on short notice, should highlight how much we depend on them not highlight your selfishness and crybabyism.
                      the operative word being suddenly. If they werent there indefinitely, the market would adjust. Maybe Thorns meal would cost more as higher wage americans are hired (as one side says) , or maybe Thorn wouldnt be willing to pay the higher price, and the place would shut down and the jobs be lost (as the other side says) but its most unlikely that Thorn would keep getting Ptomaine. Thats why this is so silly - a one day stoppage doesnt tell you what the long term effects would be.

and, of course, if theyre slaves, then they should want to be freed from bondage no?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        And yes they do fill emergency rooms. Forcing the rest of us to pay higher medical costs. Why do you think medical care costs so much? Because we are funding illegal immigrants who use the emergency room and don't pay for it.
                        No. It's because more and more Americans are losing their health insurance. They're the one jamming the emergency rooms.

Medical care costs so much: (1) because 33% of health dollars in the U.S. goes to administration -- as opposed to the 5-10% in the rest of the industrialized world; (2) because of a high rate of inflation for medical care in the US; (3) because of an increasing number of uninsured Americans who must use our emergeny rooms and don't pay for them; and (4) because our uninsured can only use emergency rooms--which is the most expensive form of medical care there is.

This is why I'm a supporter of SB 840, which will cut out all this BS. It will provide full medical coverage to every California resident -- and still save Californians $9 billion during just during the first year.

Comment

universal health care.

but my add on is it's only for citizens and legal tax paying resident aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                            This thread is reason enough alone to support illegal immigrants.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              This is why I'm a supporter of SB 840, which will cut out all this BS. It will provide full medical coverage to every California resident -- and still save Californians $9 billion during just during the first year.
                              That does sound like a win-win situation.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X