Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the good times & George W's head roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    I can educate you regarding this in detail if you like.
    Explain to me how the biggest portion of American workforce -- non-college-educated white folk -- have been doing over the past quarter of a century.

Comment

Even if I grant you that, there has been no benefit from this accruing to the democrats. Indeed, the GOP has been rewarded. Why?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Because the Republicans have successfully been able to argue Democrats were syphoning off economic growth in order to grow government and to squander on entitlements.

Now, the Republicans are in charge. So the Democrats can argue Republicans are syphoning off economic growth in order to feather the nests of the uberwealthy.

Comment

The GOP has been rising for over a decade. The Dems have been making that argument forever to no good impact. Why have the Dems lost so much ground, if that argument is so hot?

It's crystal clear that the argument is a losing one, with the Democratic Party as it is currently constructed.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            The GOP has been rising for over a decade.
            Oh much long than that. The Democratic high water mark was LBJ's landslide defeat of Goldwater in '64 with its attendant euolgy of conservatism in America.

The Reagan stripped the Democrats of the "Reagan Democrats in 1980, and Gingrich engineered his brilliant takeover of Congress in 1992. The Republicans had some fig leafs to hid behind because first Clinton was in the White House then later, when the Bush recession hit, Bush could point at Clinton and blame him.

But the point of my opening post is now the Republicans have produced all that they can. The American economy is doing "well." But most Americans still have to struggle. Common Americans feel left out of the economy, and I'm postulating that come Nov. 2006, the Republican Party is going to get its collect butt bit.

Comment

Working...
            X