Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the good times & George W's head roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the good times & George W's head roll.

More and more, the White House is touting how well the American economy is doing. I'm wondering if this tactic might backfire?

While the top 1% is doing well, most Americans face a daily struggle. Raises at work tend to be few and far between. College tuition is skyrocketting as is the cost of health care. Secure pensions are becoming a thing of the past. And now it's even traumatic to pay for a tankful of gas.

Will Americans say, "If this is the best Republicans can deliver, shouldn't we be looking at something else?"

the republicans have given us nothing but budget deficits, keynesian economics, a useless war and a bad economy.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

To be fair, Keynesian economics might have seriously helped the average American, if growth had trickled down.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hey, ask Dan, man. He's Mr. Effervesence about the economy. It's getting better, but it's far from good.

Other than that, da prez can't create jobs. Business does. Wait a minute. What party is it that y'all say is the business party?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What party is it that y'all say is the business party?
          not the republican one - deficit spending is pushing them out of business.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            the republicans have given us nothing but budget deficits, keynesian economics, a useless war and a bad economy.
            What a crock of ****?! That's not keynesian economics. Get a clue.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              What party is it that y'all say is the business party?
              People's Party of The people's Republic of China?

Who'd-a-thunk it.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

George Orwell in the closing scene of Animal Farm where the animals are looking back and forth between the humans and the pigs and can no longer tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  Supply-side = Keynesian?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Zkribbler hates his own country because he thinks we can do better than this.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Supply-side = Keynesian?
                      Keynesian = deficit spending good.

Comment

If the deficit is driven by tax cuts rather than spending increases, then I don't know if it's still called Keynesian. After all, Keynes would argue that returning money to the top income class would merely result in greater monetary hoarding during times when deflationary pressures came to bear, no? The point of demand-side deficit spending is to place money in the hands of people who will not hoard.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's probably correct.

Comment

* LoA's head explodes.
                            Last edited by Kidlicious; May 1, 2006, 11:31.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

deficit spending IS keynesian, it doesnt matter if it comes from tax cuts or not. you can give tax cuts and NOT run deficit spending, which is what supply side is about. tax cuts with deficit spending is no longer supply side, since when G increases, its not longer supply side. (plus interst rates need to be raised to prevent too much growth, which crowds out I, anyways) when you cut taxes and increase spending, thats keynesian.

Comment

Working...
                              X