• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yeah, if you don't have Caffiene once w eek, don't go for that option

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My worst sins are a bit of beer now and again and coffee...nothing more than that I am pleased to say. Now I fancy a nice cup of coffee
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

One 20 oz bottle of Mt.Dew 5-6 nights a week.... thats it.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Can I revote?? All that apply to me? hehehe man!! clear the room I'm about to jump back in
          One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

I quit caffeine use 3-4 months ago. It screws up my sleeping schedule.

Believe it or not, none of the above. Ever. Never even experimented. Not even with a banana.
            You've never drunk soda?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
              Believe it or not, none of the above. Ever. Never even experimented. Not even with a banana.
              (is there something wrong with me?)

None of the above for me too.

I've been drunk a few times (like 7+ years ago) and occasionally I'll have caffine, but not most weeks. Never done weed or anything else on that list.

Nothing wrong with you Vince.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

From Wikipedia:
                Caffeine is a plant alkaloid, found in numerous plant varieties, the most commonly used of which are coffee, tea, and to some extent cocoa. Other, less commonly used, sources of caffeine include the plants yerba mate and guaraná, which are sometimes used in the preparation of teas and, more recently, energy drinks. Two of caffeine's alternative names, mateine and guaranine, are derived from the names of these plants.

The world's primary source of caffeine is the coffee bean (the seed of the coffee plant), from which coffee is brewed. Caffeine content in coffee varies widely depending on the variety of coffee bean and the method of preparation used, but in general one serving of coffee ranges from about 40 mg for a single shot (30mL) of arabica variety espresso to about 100 mg for strong drip coffee. Generally, dark roast coffee has less caffeine than lighter roasts since the roasting process reduces caffeine content of the bean. Arabica coffee normally contains less caffeine content than the Robusta variety. Coffee also contains trace amounts of theophylline, but no theobromine. [1]

Tea is another common source of caffeine in many cultures. Tea generally contains somewhat less caffeine per serving than coffee, usually about half as much, depending on the strength of the brew, though certain types of tea, such as black and oolong, contain somewhat more caffeine than most other teas. Tea contains small amounts of theobromine and slightly higher levels of theophylline than coffee.

Caffeine is also a common ingredient of soft drinks such as cola, originally prepared from kola nuts. Soft drinks typically contain about 10 mg to 50 mg of caffeine per serving. By contrast, energy drinks such as Red Bull contain as much as 80 mg of caffeine per serving. The caffeine in these drinks either originates from the ingredients used or is an additive derived from the product of decaffeination or from chemical synthesis. Guarana PMID 16533867, a prime ingredient of energy drinks, contains large amounts of caffeine with small amounts of theobromine and theophylline in a naturally occurring slow-release excipient.

Chocolate derived from cocoa is a weak stimulant, mostly due to its content of theobromine and theophylline, but it also contains a small amount of caffeine [2]. However, chocolate contains too little of these compounds for a reasonable serving to create effects in humans that are on par with coffee. A typical serving of a milk chocolate bar (28g) has about as much caffeine as a cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Finally, caffeine may also be purchased in most areas in the form of pills that contain from 50mg to 200mg. Caffeine pills are regulated differently by different nations. For example, the European Union requires that a warning be placed on the packaging of any food whose caffeine content exceeds 150 mg per litre. In many other countries, however, caffeine is classified as a flavouring and is unregulated.
                Vince, are you telling me you've never, ever consumed coffee, tea, cola-based soft drinks or black concentrated (>50% cocoa) chocolate?
                Last edited by RGBVideo; April 30, 2006, 10:11.

Comment

no... they are saying its less than once a week...
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Voted, yes. Wrote? No.

Edit: Edited the post before yours... Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Here, this is what is implied:
                      Believe it or not, none of the above [OPTIONS]. Ever. Never even experimented. Not even with a banana.

Comment

I drink coffee every morning and I take Etodolac, an NSAID, for arthritis every day.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Well let's see...Since the little heart problem and the stent placement:

No more cigs
                          No more caffine
                          Occasional alcohol seems to be okay though...hmmm
                          No NSAID's

However...I'm good with:
                          Omacor
                          Aceon
                          Plavix
                          Toprol
                          Lipitor
                          Asprin

Little things like nearly dying sure puts all kinds of drug use in a new perspective!!

Oh...and just a quick little reformed smoker statement: If you smoke...it will kill you. It is just a matter of time.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                            You've never drunk soda?
                            Not all has caffeine. Same goes for tea, which I enjoy.

Originally posted by Donegeal
                            no... they are saying its less than once a week...
                            Why is everyone overlooking that caveat?

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            Nothing wrong with you Vince.
                            Thanks.

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            I drink coffee every morning and I take Etodolac, an NSAID, for arthritis every day.
                            Which reminds me, I've never required prescription medicines either. I also went through an entire 20 year military career without any illness, sickness, medicine, injury, or hospitalization. (Now I'm beginning to scare myself ).

I'm not saying I'm 100% vice free either.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I don't drink soft-drinks or coffee. Coca-cola tastes like expired cough syrup ever since I quit it about 2 years ago.

on the other hand i'm an alcohol type 3 dude seeing I'm quite drunk most weekdays, but I wouldn't qualify myself as an addict. During exams etc I only drink a glass of wine or so perhaps at dinner.

weed is pretty normal around here too, but it's mostly in combination with alcohol

the rest doesn't interest me, I never use painkillers, medical drugs and the like unless I'm in the hospital for an operation. Luckily that doesn't happen often
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I must caution everyone against admitting to any current illegal activity here.
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X