Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come we haven't gotten rid of email spam yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail does an excellent job with spam. I still get a small amount, but snail junk mail is much more of a hassle for me at this point.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

At least the senders of snail mail spam need to bear the cost of sending them. Not so with regular spam.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

But I don't get too much regular spam. Hence, no real need to get annoyed with it anymore and no moods where I want to start charging the spammers.

Most of the spam I get is now in Chinese.

Edit: My gmail account received 33 spam items today, which were automatically trashed. No false positives. No false negatives. Most in Chinese. A few in Japanese. A few in some unknown encoding.
        Last edited by DanS; May 1, 2006, 22:45.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
        X