Ever lie on a job application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever lie on a job application?

I lied on a job application today and feel guilty about it.
    I feel that if I had not lied, I don't think I would have been concidered for the position.
    The question was if I had ever been fired from a past job.
    Yes, I have but I lied and said no.
    I just wonder if I had told the truth would it had really kept me from getting the job?

Have you ever lied on a job application?

Another

If you were in my position would you have told the truth?

Re: Ever lie on a job application?

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
    I lied on a job application today and feel guilty about it.
    I feel that if I had not lied, I don't think I would have been concidered for the position.
    The question was if I had ever been fired from a past job.
    Yes, I have but I lied and said no.
    I just wonder if I had told the truth would it had really kept me from getting the job?

Have you ever lied on a job application?
    NO . . . everything that I put on paper is fully supportable.

The job interview though .. . they always ask that "biggest weakness" question. Mine is surfing while at work but since I don't know a way to spin that favorably, I always give some other bullcrap HR stype answer
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Just got a call from the sheriffs dept. wanting to set up for a intervew to my resume I sent.

here I go again.

Should I or should I not lie?

Comment

Nope, I didn't lie. And what I fessed up to was worse (being arrested).

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I pride myself on not being a thief or a lier.
          This is why it bothers me so much

Comment

When you're in a hole, stop digging.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
              When you're in a hole, stop digging.
              I hear you.

It's something like having no money then stealing food to stay alive.

Comment

Oops, I misread. I figured the police wanted to question you over that first resume you sent.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I omit a good deal. For example, I don't tell them about the job I only had for two days from which I quit without any notice.

And I misconstrue. For example, I will tell them that I quit my first job because I was having scheduling conflicts with school, not because I was stressed out and going crazy.

But I don't think I ever specifically lie. Adjusting the truth is better.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Spin, baby, spin

We all do it to *some* degree. But this is a little more clear-cut.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

that was a rather vague question

"have you ever been fired?"

really, it's more like "mandatory quiting"
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

No, you've never been fired, but perhaps you've come to an agreement with your boss that continued employment is not the best option for you and the company.

That's what happened with my second job. He caught me in the mall (where I worked) yelling at a police officer to stop beating up my brother... on a day when I had told my boss that I would be at my grandmother's funeral instead of at work.

It was true, too, but he didn't really care at that point. But I wasn't fired. Technically. There was an agreement. We both agreed that I wasn't going to work there anymore.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There could be a million good reasons to be fired - I actally has been fired twice* of the same company - both times because they had to reduce staff due to red numbers.

It's a bad idea to lie - you probably get your arse kicked when they find out.

* I had been working so long for the company that I had 6 months respite (?) before the firing was real, and in that time numbers went highly black again and I was rehired. Second time I got a offer that I couldn't refuse and was out after 14 days.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes. I lied to get the job i have now. And i'm better at it than the other so called ''qualified'' morons i work with. So i have no shame about this one. And i won't have to lie on my next application because my current job gives me the experience i lacked - and lied about - on my resume.
                            What?

Comment

"Fired" is a loaded term that implies the employee was somehow at fault.

I have been "downsized"once and terminated when projects ended but I would never say I was fired

and its a nebulous thing-- the boss could be leading up to firing

"I think you are the worst employee I have ever seen and should never work in the *** sector . . ."

"Fine I Quit"

Was that person fired?

A law firm I know would, if they wished someone to leave, hold a meeting where they would be "invited to resign"-- If they hadn't they would beterminated by the firm but this process allowed their ex-employees to say they had quit. Somehow thats not seen as quite as bad
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X