No announcement yet.

Most Incompetent Government Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be curious about the standards of medical treatment you would get there...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Most Incompetent Government Yet?

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Is your govt more incompetent than the UK one?
      How's the Australian Wheat Board paying bribes to Saddam for many years while government ministers and department staff overlook a steady stream of correspondence from diplomats on for size?

Comment

pssst, wanna buy a peerage?
        Read an interesting article (might have been the Guardian) which pointed out that its ok to donate some cash to a museum, art gallery etc and get a peerage but donate some to a city college (or whatever they're called) and you risk getting arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
          Who said that?
          The writer of the article you linked to. Or do you agree that it's fallacious to hold up a handful of questionable sentencing decisions as examples of Britain's supposed cultural and economic decline?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Well duh! I already said his experiences seem to have darkly coloured his view of the world.
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

And yet followed it up by saying it shouldn't be laughed off, so duh right back.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                Well duh! I already said his experiences seem to have darkly coloured his view of the world.
                "Darkly coloured" is definitely a no-no for you
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney

libertarians

ID cards really anger me as well, yet another attack on civil liberties by labour, and then we find out that they'll be phased in over several years and won't be compulsory for ages. so essentially, they won't give us any benefit and cost a fortune at the same time.

which kinda sums up this government really.
                  Agreed

Fundamentally it's just a collosal waste of money that would be better spent on schools, hospitals and police officers. That fact that it's raping our civil liberties shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who votes Liberal Democrat .
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I think anyone except a totalitarian should be opposed to ID cards...I cannot see how it is going to remotely help with our security...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It might be worth boycotting the companies which will be involved in this shameful fiasco. Microsoft, BT, the Royal Mail, Sun, 3M, etc.

Comment

The one impression that I get above all is that the deals have been done regarding the lucrative contracts and the money changing hands, without an ounce of democratic consent - all the while relying on His Toniness to institute this policy. Too many times has Tony Blair acted in an autocratic manner, and the only reason he has not gone is that there is no credible opposition - I don't think anyone has forgotten the reputation of the Tories.

And this is why voter turnout is so damn low. I don't think apathy is any different to what it has been on any other occasion, but disillusionment with current political process is higher than ever...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Clarke has been fired and Prescott has been stripped of his powers in a big, brutal reshuffle by Blair.

BBC Link

Comment

Working...
                          X