No announcement yet.

Israel launches "eye in the sky" over Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though this satellite launch does give more ammo for Iran to stir up Isreali hatred (like more than they've already stirred up).

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Sorry Slowwly, but Israel does not have the reach or firepower to do anything significant to Iran's nuclear program.
      Israel has nukes. Not that they would use them, but they have more than enough firepower to deal with Iran.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I love the way that countries with WMD find ways to justify using them on countries that don't have them yet...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
          I love the way that countries with WMD find ways to justify using them on countries that don't have them yet...
          Other than WWII, can you cite an example? I suppose you could count airplanes..into buildings. That was pretty mass destruction.

You're an amazing individual, Mobius. Israel should sit on their hands and just take it, according to you. Ditto the USA. Ain't happening though, so find a beer to cry into.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wouldn't Israel want this to be kept at least low key? I realize total secreacy would be impossible since they had to use Russia to launch it but to brag about their capabilities seems a little dumb unless the satellite's capabilities have been downtalked.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I wonder if the Russians "examine" the satellites they get to launch?
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Russian's spend a lot of time examing their navel.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Israel has nukes. Not that they would use them, but they have more than enough firepower to deal with Iran.

NUkes are not a useful offensive weapon. The diplomatic costs of a first strike are monumental. A small state like Israel dependant on the world economy can't survive as a total pariah.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They're doing pretty well already...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Other than WWII, can you cite an example? I suppose you could count airplanes..into buildings. That was pretty mass destruction.
                      Well the US hasn't ruled out using them on Iran in case you hadn't noticed...

You're an amazing individual, Mobius. Israel should sit on their hands and just take it, according to you. Ditto the USA. Ain't happening though, so find a beer to cry into.
                      Oh the irony - citing Israel as the example!

Truly Sloww, just what planet is it that you're on - cloud cuckoo tra-la-land!!?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

NUkes are not a useful offensive weapon. The diplomatic costs of a first strike are monumental. A small state like Israel dependant on the world economy can't survive as a total pariah.
                        I think most of the world is tired of the bullying and terrorist harboring, including many mideastern countries.

Comment

Which is why they hate us.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh yes, everything is our fault.
                            If only everyone would take responsibility for their own actions (or inactions).
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I think most of the world is tired of the bullying and terrorist harboring, including many mideastern countries.
                              Genocide > Bullying.

Genocide > Terrorism

Simple enought equations.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                                Oh yes, everything is our fault.

Is that what I wrote? Hmmmm, nope.

If only everyone would take responsibility for their own actions (or inactions).

It's funy how Americans always say this when trying to deny their own responsibilities. Yes, it's not our fault that their military overthrew their government, even though we paid them to do it! It's not our fault that we kept their dictators in power, by ferreting out their dissidents and selling the government arm and training their military.

Take some damned responsibility for the actions of YOUR government!
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X