No announcement yet.

9/11 Film Premiere Ignites Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly? I think it's aok subject material, and it's past time. (Then again, I thought it was time, comedy-wise, on the 12th, 2001; drama-wise, in 2002.)

My problem with this? I have no confidence that the movie will be good--and I honestly think it looks like tripe dressed up in patriotic colors.
    B♭3

Comment

when does fahrenheit 911 1/2 come out?
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

It's too soon for me.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Should be interesting
          be free

Comment

Just wathcing the review on Sunday Morning brought up all those horrible emotions again. Maybe in 15 more years I'll be able to see this film. Still, if anyone had to do this movie, I'm glad it was this director. He's handled it with extreme sensitivity and loyalty to the truth, without engaging in hagiography or twisting of emotions.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Was a good point made about Moussaoui. He wants death. Lock him up for life, in general population. Maybe he'll even die like he professes to want.
              I don't want the USA giving the guy a lethal injection.
              Yeah, I'm all for the death penalty but not when its a reward for the criminal in question. A nice cell with no windows and only bread and water for the rest of his life should work nicely.

Maybe a pet pot belly pig?

Comment

Hey... I think it was Siro that said muslims killed by women have an unpleasent afterlife. Have a woman throw the switch (or inject the poison or whatever)!!!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Nah, we should dress him up in a deer costume and let him loose along donegeal's route to work.

Comment

I wonder how many times someone joked "let's roll" to the camera people during the filming.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has already attacked some aspects of the film: "Now, stop and think of this for a second. Can't find the president? It's not possible."

Que? His problem with the film is that the president is nowhere to be seen? Or am I misreading this?
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I haven't seen the movie. If the word is that it's good, then .

People who get all huffy about it are morons. Nobody looks at Schindler's List and gets all outraged about making the Holocaust into entertainment.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
                          Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has already attacked some aspects of the film: "Now, stop and think of this for a second. Can't find the president? It's not possible."

Que? His problem with the film is that the president is nowhere to be seen? Or am I misreading this?
                          No, you're reading it accurately. The problem with Rush's critique however, was that that morning the President was nowhere to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            I haven't seen the movie. If the word is that it's good, then .
                            But it doesn't have snakes.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Sure it does.

Comment

This movie is called United 93? I just saw a movie called Flight 93, it was a good movie

As long as the families are ok about movies being made over this, then I don't see why not
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X