at a cost of about $1.23 a day per sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibsie
    you put a wiki-link on the term "penicillin"? How stupid do you think we are?!
    Do I have to answer that?

Comment

yes

Comment

Well I would have wiki'ed the sheep but Ming provided a picture all ready.

Comment

Re: at a cost of about $1.23 a day per sheep

"My first reaction was a smile; it is very creative," said Bert Kuiper, the town's mayor. "My second reaction is that we have to stop this. If we start with sheep, then next it's the cows and horses."

Comment

This is awesome -- as good as ads in urinal cakes in convention centers!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Only $1.23 per sheep? For a minute I thought Sally Struthers had become an animal rights activist or something.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

haha, funny I thought a similar thing upon reading the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                  Oh man, we are great!!
                  Yea dude, see my desktop in desktop thread!
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

This has to be a hoax, a belated April fools joke or something. And those blankets on the sheep don't look real either.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Yea dude, see my desktop in desktop thread!
                      See my reply in the desktop thread
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        This has to be a hoax, a belated April fools joke or something. And those blankets on the sheep don't look real either.
                        Good Morning America ran some video on it, and I've seen other pictures. It is legit. The ads look kind of funny in the picture, because they are attached to the actual blankets on the sheep. That way, they just have to change the ad message, and not the blankets.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't worry, Winston's been suckered so many times that when it's real he just won't believe it!
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I heard the advertisers increased the number of sheep from 12 to 60 after the company was fined. Apparently the new sheep carry thank you messages to the town's mayor.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, that publicity must have been priceless!
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Apparently the fine amount was less than the cost of an ad in the local paper.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X