This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unicode problems in ID3 tags

Ive heard that this may cause problems with an ipod in that it deletes everything and corrupts teh hard drive. any one have experience with this?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

yes but I heard this was fixed in a patch, which maybe you can download from apple.com
    be free

Comment

It is perfectly legit to air a gripe, but I have a problem when somebody casts the issue into a flamebait, esp. a copycat one.

Please continue to discuss the topic, but if it degenerates into a flame war, this thread will too be locked.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        It is perfectly legit to air a gripe, but I have a problem when somebody casts the issue into a flamebait
        Oh, get off it.

You posted that incredibly lame New York Times Application Error, misrepresented it as some kind of Windows Problem, and cast the issue as a flamebait.

You closed the thread because:
        (1) I started it
        (2) It wasn't anti-Microsoft in any way

The sooner you stop trying to cover your ass the sooner we can fix the problem that is you.

I have a legit error I've experienced with my iPod and I was a bit clever in taking Aggy's wording and applying it here -- I suppose that was a bit too intelligent for your tastes, since you aren't bright enough to see the difference between parallelism in making a point and copycat threads. And that is precisely why you have no business being a moderator.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And the last time I checked, even your ass-kissing administrator friends conceded that you shouldn't be moderating me or my threads, since you have no judgement.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

MarkG:

perhaps asher should title his legitimate threads properly in order to avoid having moderators close them thinking he is trolling
            He closed the thread twice.

If your moderators aren't going to read the threads they deem in violation of the rules, they should be fired.

You've basically just admitted I was singled out by my name, not the content at all. Several times.

UR should be fired, and you should be man enough to own up to your mistake of hiring him in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              It is perfectly legit to air a gripe, but I have a problem when somebody casts the issue into a flamebait, esp. a copycat one.
              But didn't you do that with your ill-conceived Windows "crashing" thread?

As for titles, they can and have been edited by mods, if deemed inappropriate. This just seemed personal. That's all I have to say on this issue.

As for the Ipod + Itunes issue. Has anyone else had the same problem as Asher?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Can't say I've ever heard of this problem. It's certainly not common. The only thing I can think of is that someone was using third party software.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Is the Unicode problem the same as Asher's or a separate issue?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    Is the Unicode problem the same as Asher's or a separate issue?
                    this is the generic ipod-issues thread....
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Are you going to grow a pair and address the issue, Mark?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        this is the generic ipod-issues thread....
                        What about the 500 post limit?
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          Are you going to grow a pair and address the issue, Mark?
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

He closed the thread twice.
                            Of course I closed the thread twice. You have been around here long enough to know the rules.

If your moderators aren't going to read the threads they deem in violation of the rules, they should be fired.
                            I read it, that's why I locked it.

UR should be fired, and you should be man enough to own up to your mistake of hiring him in the first place.
                            The problem is you tried to start a copycat troll thread and got caught. Then you broke the rules a second time by making the same thread.

As I said, one troll thread featuring the usual suspects is more than enough.
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                              But didn't you do that with your ill-conceived Windows "crashing" thread?
                              There had been umpteen troll threads started by Asher that were allowed to stay open. I don't see what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
                              X