Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Indiana from Hawaii-Need Tips

Hey gang long time no see,

Haven't been on for a while. Just got back online after a loong time without it. Anyway, for those of you that actually remember I was planning on moving from Hawaii to the mainland a year or two ago.....and now I'm doing it.

My cousin has set me up with a place to live but the thing is he lives in Indiana. I quit my job working in the local jail because I got burnt out. It was one of my interests but now I'm going to focus more in the Mental Health field that I pursued in college. My cousin said that where he lives, there are lots of opportunities for work there. I'm currently working on my Masters in Counseling Psych, but taking a two-year break for work experience. I don't really care if I have to be a psychiatric aide (orderly) so long as its in my field.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what can some people say about what's up ahead? What the heck is there to do in Indiana? How is the pay rate? And most importantly, hows the women like?
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Bob and Tom.

Remember those names.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The women in Indian are fugly. The good looking ones leave. Where in Indiana you headed?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

+

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Make sure to get a coat and jacket and take it easy the first time it snows or gets icy

Learn something about basketball
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Welcome back, Franky.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Dude, why would you ever do that? There's a great fight scene in Hawaii, there's beaches, there's the wukawuka, you know, compare that to Indiana? I'm sure Indiana is nice but Hawaii? NO!!

You have one of the life's best commodities.. SUN!! LIGHT!!! Don't take it for granted man.. take a trip here and spend couple of years and tell me honestly you didn't contemplate suicide at least few times seriously.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Moving to Indiana from Hawaii-Need Tips

Originally posted by Frankychan
                I'm going to focus more in the Mental Health field that I pursued in college. My cousin said that where he lives, there are lots of opportunities for work there.

Have you ever visited Indiana? I've never been to Hawaii but I don't think I'd want to trade it for Indiana.

Comment

Silver, exactly.

Maybe Frankychan should start his mental health rampage from his own head!111

Now he's like, Hawaii isnt' so special when you live there.. It's like 'money isn't that cool when you have tons of it'.

You know.. get with the program already.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Indiana-

Indy is pretty boring, but luckily you're very close to other cities-chicago, columbus, cincinatti, louisville, st. louis are all easy drives, and more interesting cities.

I've lived here now...3 years, Bloomington for 1 and now indy for 2.

I like indy for the most part, but won't be sad when I leave, which will be ~1 year.

Where I live, the west side, is entirely dominated by chain restaurants

feel free to pm me about specific questions that you dont' want to post...

Comment

There are probably less crazy people in Hawaii. When I worked in a call center I always noticed that people that called from Hawaii always seemed pretty calm and easy going even if you had to give them bad news. Although there was one idiot tech in Hawaii who whined he didn't want to have to make two helicopter trips out to a clients site to work on thier ****. Poor baby.

Comment

Re: Moving to Indiana from Hawaii-Need Tips

Only five words are needed:

Stop. Turn around. Go back.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                          Bob and Tom.

Remember those names.

ACK!
                          Dammit Randy! Don't forget me, Donny Baker. I'd put a fork in you if I thought it would do any good. Swear to god I would.

Anyway, if you're moving to Indiana I'd say you'll have a good chance of getting laid, swear to god. Those girls are so easy. I was there once and they were falling heads over heals for me because I told them my mother wasn't my sister and that Tony Stewart was my cousin. Of course I left out the part about that Stewart was his middle name and his last name was Smith.

Dumb chicks, man. Gotta dig 'em.

The best thing about moving to Indiana is that you'll be closer to me... how 'bout that? I'll introduce you to MidWest life. Or, you can just head over to yer local Kroger, buy a pickle and a six pack and consider it done.

I gotta go.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Dammit Randy! Don't forget me, Donny Baker. I'd put a fork in you if I thought it would do any good. Swear to god I would.

Anyway, if you're moving to Indiana I'd say you'll have a good chance of getting laid, swear to god. Those girls are so easy. I was there once and they were falling heads over heals for me because I told them my mother wasn't my sister and that Tony Stewart was my cousin. Of course I left out the part about that Stewart was his middle name and his last name was Smith.

Dumb chicks, man. Gotta dig 'em.

The best thing about moving to Indiana is that you'll be closer to me... how 'bout that? I'll introduce you to MidWest life. Or, you can just head over to yer local Kroger, buy a pickle and a six pack and consider it done.

I gotta go.
                            I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

I swear to God, I don't.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

then you obviously don't listen to the show

Kristi's my beitch!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X