The cruelty of parents: the worst names ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my grade school, Penny Nichols.

In my high school, Wanda Dyck. (Really! And she was cute, too.)

And my wife has a relative (in Kentucky IIRC) named Brown Knuckles.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
      On some research, it seem Prof Hwang's full name is Hoo Suk Hwang.
      If it's a Korean ( given the given name, I'm willing to bet that~), it's most definitely not pronounced "wang". Of course, you could just be pulling my leg here.

In which case, I'll have to send Wang Chung over to your place to Wang Chung it.
      B♭3

Comment

Anita Cox.

Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

"Suri" is, however, the name of a breed of Alpaca with moplike hair.
          It also means "pickpocket" in Japanese. Or so I'm told by the reliable folks on the radio.

It also means "pointy-nose" in India. Same source. So it's probably as reliable as a paper umbrella in a hurricane.

Comment

I know one poor kid with the first name Beloved Fire of the Lord's Wrath.

Comment

I stoped going by my real name cause I got tired of all the jokes.
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

DO TELL, TIA!!!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My last name is Lyon. Can you imagine the teasing?? Queen of the jungle was just one of them.
                  One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

If it's a Korean ( given the given name, I'm willing to bet that~), it's most definitely not pronounced "wang". Of course, you could just be pulling my leg here.
                    It's Korean, yes - it's the name of that biology prof who was caught faking his result some time ago.

I know it doesn't sound like English "wang", but I don't know how that means seeing it in text is any less funny.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                    X