X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    They used assault pistols often in WW2.

JM
    Who did? Are you confusing the German Machine Pistol with the term assault pistol? The Germans called their submachine guns Machine Pistols because they fired pistol caliber cartridges, not because anyone confused them for hand guns.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

The only weapon I would even consider calling an "assualt pistol" would have been the broomhandle mauser, an automatic pistol with a large capacity magazine. I believe Churchill used one in the Boer War. The reason Submachine pistols were developed is that controlled fire from an automatic pistol is oxymoronic. I believe the Czechs or some Warsaw Pact country made a small calibre machine pistol (the Skorpian if memory serves me well) that could be fired one handed, that would probably qualify also.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

BRUSSELS — Wide public support has greeted a Brussels MP's call for a march against senseless violence in the Belgian capital following the brutal murder of a 17-year-old at Central Station last week.

MP Fouad Ahidar was overwhelmed by telephone calls and more than 300 mails during the Easter weekend after urging on Friday night for a march against violence.

Ahidar was reacting to the stabbing murder of Joe Van Holsbeeck, who refused to handover his mp3 player to two assailants at Brussels Central last Thursday afternoon. The culprits — allegedly of immigrant origin — have not been arrested.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Harley
          The only weapon I would even consider calling an "assualt pistol" would have been the broomhandle mauser, an automatic pistol with a large capacity magazine. I believe Churchill used one in the Boer War. The reason Submachine pistols were developed is that controlled fire from an automatic pistol is oxymoronic. I believe the Czechs or some Warsaw Pact country made a small calibre machine pistol (the Skorpian if memory serves me well) that could be fired one handed, that would probably qualify also.
          Yea, the Skorpion. That one could be called a Machine Pistol in english, though it is probably the only one. An Assault Pistol on the other hand should by rights be a selective fire weapon.

Comment

quote:
            "BRUSSELS — Wide public support has greeted a Brussels MP's call for a march against senseless violence in the Belgian capital following the brutal murder of a 17-year-old at Central Station last week.

MP Fouad Ahidar was overwhelmed by telephone calls and more than 300 mails during the Easter weekend after urging on Friday night for a march against violence.

Ahidar was reacting to the stabbing murder of Joe Van Holsbeeck, who refused to handover his mp3 player to two assailants at Brussels Central last Thursday afternoon. The culprits — allegedly of immigrant origin — have not been arrested."

I'm surprised that FN is still making the MP3. I mean, it's a good format / submachine gun, but time has passed it by. I suppose that it still has some suitability for the 3rd world market where cheaper, cruder more rugged formats / weapons are preferred.

Comment

"We have your IDs. If you call the police, we'll kill you," the gunman said before fleeing.

what ID has your address on it?
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Driver's Liscense

of course mine is old, I haven't lived in the place on my DL since 2004
                Monkey!!!

Comment

You're supposed to slap a sticker (available @ DMV and/or AAA) on the back with your new address, you know...

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I know.

I need to go and register my car as well... haven't been arsed to yet.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Man, you don' tneed to march against violence. Problems with these PUNKS aren't going away. They claim street cred if you march.

You need to f them up. Gather a mob and kill them, hang them from lamp post and send the message. Naturally this leads into counter attack by PUNKS, but we know there are lots of lamp posts available.

Kill them all.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

These thugs must have finally figured it out, and spread the word around. That's why it's happening all over town all of a sudden.

Thugs are very dim. They probably started by threatening to kill people if they did give them their money. No dice. Then they tried threatening not to kill people if they didn't give them any money. Didn't work. Then the third and final scheme was the big breakthrough. They've really got it made now.

Comment

Why should normal, peaceful, tax paying citizens be afraid of this random thuggery? No. IT's the other way around. We should inflict PAIN and FEAR to them. That's how it works for people. And that's what people would do, if they would be allowed to do that legally. Problem is, these thugs don't obey the law.

And once they start doing things like these, I say they are not protected by the law either anymore. Find them, kill them, leave them there to be found.

Thats my suggestion. It works.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I say random attackers should not be protected by the law. Yes, even criminals have rights.

HOWEVER, if you invade other persons freedom and deliberately attack them, randomly, doing violence.. man I think we should have the right to shoot you in the face right there and then, because you just gave up your rights of not being touched.
                            In da butt.

Comment

While you're at it, could you also kill the people claiming to have been robbed of $2200 necklaces. I mean, come on.

Originally posted by Pekka
                              we know there are lots of lamp posts available.

Kill them all.
                              And please leave the lamp posts alone, they had no involvement in all of this.

Comment

Who said anything about robbed necklaces? No one.

You are imagining things Winston, second sign of insanity.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X