X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Should I Feel Guilty?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Why would you?
    A few years back, 13 French people have been wrongly accused of pedophilia by the prosecution (in France, the prosecution decides who goes to jail awaiting trial). Those who confessed of pedophilia (which they never committed, as it was later proven)were realeased from that jail-time. Those who didn't confess remained in jail, until light was shed, more than two years later.

But don't forget, they were pedophiles, and deserved it as clearly as this terrorist
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Number 1, you compare the USA to France again and I'll *****slap you into next week. Are we clear?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks for adressing my point
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Due process should stay mindful of human rights. We can't preach it if we don't practice it.
          That said, Berz was still right.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The question I posed was the question Bill O'Reilly asked himself the other night on air because he pressured the gov't to go after Sami Arian and he wasn't convicted.

And this, my friends, is the suck.

Jailtime without trial is a terrible thing, since any innocent can be put in jail
            Yup, but not just that. The gov't coerced a confession out of him. He would have to spend more years in a cage awaiting future trials if he didn't confess to something. And if he really was a terrorist, why deport him?

Comment

If he was a terrorist wannabe, that's different. All they can do is deport.

Comment

Berz's gets waaay too many of his thread ideas from the O'Reilly Factor. It's gotta be at like 50% in the last 6 month or so .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think he's a closet Republican. Fess up, Berz.

Comment

But I hid this one sorry for mis-leading y'all. But I didn't want the personalities involved or too many details color your opinions. I forgot about my personality

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      I think he's a closet Republican. Fess up, Berz.
                      I wouldn't doubt it, my Texan friend.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But congrats to LotM for figuring out who the real people are

Comment

The sad part is, they take an American and deport him for being a suspected terrorist.

Which, now that the US has kicked him out, could be what the man becomes.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

We could always nuke him.

Comment

If you've already been held for three years and then partially aquitted, and are facing another de facto prison term of three years then it makes sense to plead guilty to a single felony count and get deported. I can kill a person and serve less time than six years, if I am charged with manslaughter. Think about it.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

You don't feel guilty if you follow the evidence you have. Now if you don't believe the evidence and are doing it for political reasons, or the evidence was fabricated, well...

however, I have had tons of clients who tell me they want to plead guilty just to get out of jail/go to prison (can't go outside at jail here)/just get it over with. Now, some of those are just saying that to be tough and they are actually guilty. Some do anything to get out of jail. There's a certain desperation that comes with being confined for years (I have a client set for jury that has been in jail here for over 2 years now, 21 counts of securities fraud)

Comment

Working...
                                X