Should I Feel Guilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Feel Guilty?

I thought this guy was funding terrorists so I pressured the gov't to prosecute him. He was kept in jail for 3+ years awaiting trial and was acquitted of about half the charges with the jury undecided but leaning toward acquittal on the other charges. Faced with a 2nd trial and more time in jail, the guy agreed to confess to 1 felony and be deported.

Should I feel guilty?

I'm trying to decide who this actually applies to.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Is this real?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Lord knows.

Maybe Berz is drinking again
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Do you think he was guilty?
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

I'm guilty of clicking on this thread. I won't do it again.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

dont know if he was guilty, I was just suspicious

yes you will...

Comment

Yes.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Should I Feel Guilty?

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  He was kept in jail for 3+ years awaiting trial
                  And this, my friends, is the suck.

Jailtime without trial is a terrible thing, since any innocent can be put in jail :
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

when in doubt, always feel guilty. you'll feel better when others tell you later not to feel guilty
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

If the guy confesses to a felony, doesn't that make him guilty?

And I don't see why you would feel guilty, unless you intentionally falsified statements to the police or something.
                      Last edited by Edan; April 18, 2006, 03:15.
                      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Edan, who knows what happened, or what the felony was. Might as well be some BS charge to get off of the fact that he was kept their 3 years. Just to make something. This we can not know, but smells like kaka to me (the felony).

If the concern was genuine, then sure, that's cool. If there was some evidence to back up that concern. If it was just a hunch, then definitely not cool. This be the modern day witch hunt.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Edan, who knows what happened, or what the felony was. Might as well be some BS charge to get off of the fact that he was kept their 3 years. Just to make something. This we can not know, but smells like kaka to me (the felony).
                          If it was a BS charge, maybe he shouldn't have confessed to it. As it is, I'm not going to assume that a guy that confesses to a crime is innocent.
                          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

You can assume all you want. If you're 3 years in a jail, suspected of terrorism, in the US none of the less.. crazier things have happened. What I gathered is that he will be deported from those charges. Seems to me like a deal. But still, one-sided one.

Without knowing the case of course.

This is the way justice systems around the world tries to recover from their own f ups.
                            In da butt.

Comment

But before judging anyone, it might have been the right thing to do, none of the less. I guess we will never know that. If the reason for suspecting were credible, it makes you think. What if my eyes see is true? What if this person is involved in terrorism? And it's not exactly Berz's fault that the justice system kept in locked up 3 years, so you can't put that on him.

It's a double edged sword. LIke I said, it might have been the right thing to do.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X