best country for wine. poll and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best country for wine. poll and discussion

In all seriousness, who's the best? And then you can add trolls.
    USA/California
    20.51%
    France
    25.64%
    Italy
    15.38%
    Spain
    5.13%
    Australia
    12.82%
    Chile
    10.26%
    Bulgaria
    5.13%
    Germany
    2.56%
    Austria
    0.00%
    Other (specify)
    2.56%

I voted for USA, just cause I know it best.

Comment

Well you could have put Hungary in there, they're quite famous. Not Bulgaria though.

Comment

Argentina grows a lot of wine too as does South Africa.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I put Italy, because Italian wine is more consistent than French and is very, very good. French wine, when it is a great year is easily the best, but great years are rare.

Ultimately, however, it depends on the grape. Oz owns shiraz, California: Chardonnay and Zinfandel (not the white crap), etc.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I put Italy also

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yeah Hungary and Sout Af are pretty notable. Oops.

Comment

Portugese Garrafeiras can be very good - I still have good memories from back in the 80'ies when they entered the market with high q - cheap wines - today the quality is as the price
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I would like to say that even though I said Italy, I don't actually know that much about wines

I just get ~10$ wines, and had some decent ones from Italy

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Alls I know is Californian wine sucks. Makes me wretch.

French Italian are both good. Australian is weird.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Alls I know is Californian wine sucks. Makes me wretch.

French Italian are both good. Australian is weird.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

A good zinfandel can compete with many HQ wines and the aussies makes good standard products.

Edit: just to be sure - Oerdin, I agree with your .
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Point of clarification: Are we talking about the absolute best wine or are we talking about the best wine value? If the former, I don't have much to add. If the latter, then that is an interesting discussion.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I kinda mean overall. From top to bottom. with range of types, etc. But feel free to use your own criteria.

Comment

It wouldn't make much sense to discuss the absolute best - some of us can afford $500 wines (though just one a month ) but most polys are probably a little lower in their wine budget.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X